Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Failure to connect to GoPro cloud to upload media. Get error message no internet - screenshot

@haindash  I have been working with database accounts for years and I just noticed that I seem to have two account names  jennyh781 Tourist and jennyh781.  Tomawest Tourist on the other hand only has one.  

Is it possible that the programme  may be having difficulty finding the correct account.  This may just be a bug affecting a particular version.  Just a thought.

I really need to get this sorted without having to upgrade my phone etc.

GoPro

Re: Failure to connect to GoPro cloud to upload media. Get error message no internet - screenshot

Are you saying that you have two GoPro Plus account? This > jennyh781 Tourist  > is just for the forum. Tourist being an indication of your activity on the forum.

Here's a thought > why don't you try to connect to you GPP account via 4G instead of Wifi, so turn off Wifi completely and activate 4G instead. 

Hiker

@haindash I have done exactly as you suggested and have added screenshots for each step as I worked through step.

1 Switched off wifi connection
2 Opened GoPro App on samsung 7
3 switched on gopro camera
4.Camera and app paired no problem.
5 could control camera with app
6 Clicked the Manage auto upload option
7 Taken to subscribe to Plus account or sign in.
8 Signed in
9 Got same error message as I do when singing up with wifi.
Screen shots attached
Screenshot_20200114-115711_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

Hi @jennyh781 

On your steps I don't see anywhere that you turned off the camera. If the camera is still on then the app doesn't have wifi access.

Hiker

@haindash just tried signing in to Plus account through app. WiFi of only using 4g. Received. Same error message - no internet connection. I just sent you this message without WiFi so do definately have access to internet but not when using app.

Hiker

Hi @haindash I am not sure if this would be of any help to you.

If I go to the gopro.com site through my browser I can lon in using my password and have full access to my plus account. I have uploaded my clips using quick with my computer so going through the browser I can view all my media and get access with my phone but still am unable to use the app to access or upload media to cloud.
GoPro

Can you check the options in your GoPro App under My Account / GoPro Plus > Mobile Upload / Cellular Upload and see if both options are checked? 

Hiker

I cannot give you that information because my phone and app has never connected with the my online account or the cloud. 

I can see the information you require on my for husband's phone and app.  He has connected with my account with his Samsung 8 and has a green checkmark with Auto Upload successfully  setup.

My Samsung 7 does not sign in to my account.

I have added the screenshot of my Settings>>Preferences. Screen

I have attached screenshot of my 

Screenshot of my gopro app page under settings that would be  My account once linked.  

1579201401813_Screenshot_20200116-105247_GoPro.jpg