Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Facebook streaming with hotspot. Won’t see or connect to my iPhone 7plus

iPhone 7 Plus trying to stream via personal hotspot on phone. I’ve gotten passed the sign in to FB. I get to the “set up stream” screen. So when I do this at home with house WiFi it works. But the hotspot... we’ll 90% if the time my hotspot never appears in the drop down. I see I can refresh the list. I turn hotspot off and on again th jiggle it. Nothing. When in some magical moment it randomly does appear...and I can enter pwd... it fails, can’t connect.

Hours of trying I’ve yet to make this work. Very frustrated

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Facebook streaming with hotspot. Won’t see or connect to my iPhone 7plus

Hello @sweetcave66020. If you stream from a personal hotspot, make sure you have strong cellular coverage and a data plan that lets you stream from a hotspot and provides adequate data rates. If available, see how it goes using a different phone, with possibly a different data plan or network provider. This will help further isolate the issue. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Facebook streaming with hotspot. Won’t see or connect to my iPhone 7plus

Hello @sweetcave66020. If you stream from a personal hotspot, make sure you have strong cellular coverage and a data plan that lets you stream from a hotspot and provides adequate data rates. If available, see how it goes using a different phone, with possibly a different data plan or network provider. This will help further isolate the issue. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!