Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Facebook live to one friend

[ New ]
On the GoPro app, the only Facebook livestream options are “public” or “friends” but on the Facebook app, I can select specific friends that can see a livestream when starting a new livestream.

How can I share a GoPro livestream with one specific friend?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Facebook live to one friend

[ New ]

Hi,

So I just tested and it's possible to Live Streaming via RTMP on Facebook to only ONE friend.

For the RTMP link you have to copy Server URL + Server key for it to work > Example link: rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/xxxxxxxxxx and you paste that in the GoPro App.

Once it's tap I hit GO LIVE on the Facebook page and it was being published on my wall to only one friend.

FBRTMP.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have tried the RTMP method, but the GoPro app doesn't let me use the RTMP link provided by YouTube or Facebook for some reason. So it looks like that's not an option.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

So I just tested and it's possible to Live Streaming via RTMP on Facebook to only ONE friend.

For the RTMP link you have to copy Server URL + Server key for it to work > Example link: rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/xxxxxxxxxx and you paste that in the GoPro App.

Once it's tap I hit GO LIVE on the Facebook page and it was being published on my wall to only one friend.

FBRTMP.png

Sightseer

[ New ]

Oh I see, I didn't know you had to use the stream key too! Thank you!!