Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Facebook Live Setup crashes

Just purchases Hero 7 Black and installed App on my Pixel XL. Cant seem to set up the FB Live just keeps crashing the app

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Facebook Live Setup crashes

Hi @aragon1006

Thanks for your reply. I try to uninstall and re-install Facebook without success...

But I want to give an update (maybe useful to GoPro and its member): I try with on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and when I choose from GoPro App the Live button, I can set all the parameters. It works!!! Same on iPhone 7 (iOS 12...)

So, at this point, I think that the functionality cannot be used on my Samsung Galaxy S5 due to obsolescence of the operating system (Android 6.0.1 - Marshmallow). I don't understand why, because the "actors" are the same: WiFi, Bluetooth, Hotspot, GoPro App (last version) and Hero 7.

I hope for a future update...

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Antonio

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @blkhwk8

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

After that check also if you have a stable connection and your phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is turned on. 

Regards,

-Jay  

Hiker

Reinstalled app, Wifi and Bluetooth is turned on, the only thing that happens when I hit Set Up Live is it just trys to connect then goes back to previous screen with set up live

GoPro

Hi @blkhwk8,

Please try to reset the camera and install a new firmware manually. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

After that check if your camera is connected to the phone and the phone has access to internet. 

If you do not have an active Wi-Fi try to turn on your mobile data with hotspot so that the camera can connect to your phone's mobile data. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Hello @blkhwk8, can you say if you have resolved? I'm in same situation with a Sasung Galaxy S5. I rest the cam, reinstall manually the last FW, but nothing change...

Thank you.

Antonio

Hiker

This.did not resolve the issue. I have been able to start a broadcast but it shuts down after a few seconds
GoPro

Hi @antoniop340 and @antoniop340

I just want to know. 

Are you using a Wi-Fi to connect to internet or Mobile data and hotspot from your phone?

If you're using Wi-Fi try to disable smart network switching. 

And if you're using Mobile Data and Hotspot try to check if the connection is stable. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

Hi, perhaps at this point there is something I didn't understand.
First thing: the app crash when I touch Live...
Can you give me the right step?
I don't have smart switching...
My steps:
1. Enable GPS, bluetooth, data connection and WiFi on smartphone;
2. Launch GoPro app;
3. I control that the WiFi icon in the upper right corner near the Hero 7 is blue;
4. Touch the button to control the camera;
5. Preview opens and I can switch trought the different mode;
6. I try to go in Live mode and the app crash...

Update:
I try with my daughter iPhone and it works.
I'm very disappointed: on the box there is also Android!!!