Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Extending music to end of edit

[ New ]
How can i do this if the track is too short? Im using the music from gopro app?
GoPro

Re: Extending music to end of edit

[ New ]

@quickspiri8533, it isn't possible to loop or import more than one song in a multi-clip edit (GoPro App), so if your track is shorter than your edit, there will be no music at the end.

GoPro

[ New ]

So as @aenriquez was saying

- you can either pick a longer song (yes in a following update the duration of the song will be displayed)

or 

a work-around would be to use audio software on your computer to queue up songs one after another, in a single MP3 file. 

or

combine 2 videos with different songs into 1 video using RAW video style.

Make video A with music A, export and save to phone
Make video B with music B, export and save to phone
Make video C by selecting videos A & B. Choose no music, choose video style RAW, activate audio on both videos A & B, also choose Trim / MANUAL so videos plays in full.

Best,

Nomad

[ New ]

This is a nice solution. The only thing is to notice that when you export video A + video B into video C the sounds get saturated and over amplified even using the low sound option, as you can see in my example. I edited this video using this very technique:

https://youtu.be/F0Ag7gDlF_M

Vlog editado con la aplicación móvil Quik y grabado con Xiaomi Mi A2 y GoPro Max. Música:Dizaro - MermaidSeguimos hablando en los comentarios o en mis redes ...
GoPro

[ New ]
I see. So for both video A / B and also the final video, you have chosen the Mix option for sound (never Boost) on all of your media?
Nomad

[ New ]
Yes, Haindash, that's correct. On the other hand, I'm worried about Quik support, last upgrade was in July 2019, it looks like there is no longer support for the app 😱
GoPro

[ New ]
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I thought this workaround could help, sorry about that. I guess it's best to stitch the 2 musics together then and use that file (synched via iTunes) in your video.

Quik hasn't been updated in a while yes and I have no info concerning updates, not planned for now.