Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Export Resolution very bad

I record with my Hero7 in 4K 60FPS. I load the files from the camera directly into the GoPro app. The data also looks normal here. After editing, I export the finished video to the Photos app on the iPhone and from there to the MacBook. The quality is then much worse (blurred video) than the raw files. Up until three weeks ago, my old Hero5 worked quite normally.
What's the problem here?

Thanks Fabian
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Export Resolution very bad

Hello, @cbrktmfabi. Which version of the GoPro app are you using? Please note that story export quality is now automatically set to 1080p / 60 fps.

Also, is the quality issue observed only when you use 4K, 60 fps as resolution settings? Which edits were done to the videos? Were they a single clip, or multi-clip edits? Have you tried playing back the exported video using other media players? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello and thanks for the answer.
Yes, I only do stories with multiple clips.
Can I download an older firmware version of the app?
Or is this only possible with GoPro +?
Firmware: 6.14 (3780)

Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

@cbrktmfabi. We do not have a way to download older app versions. Unless they would still be available in the app stores. Even with a PLUS subscription, we'd only have access to the latest version of the GoPro App. 

Highlighted
Hiker

okay so it is no longer possible to export 4K videos from the app to the photos app on the iPhone?
why was this changed?
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @cbrktmfabi 

Can you walk me through your steps?

When you only use 4K media and make a multi-clip edit in GoPro App iOS you will get 4K in output. FPS is now 30 fps (not 60) which is what I have just found out in my testing. But the export resolution is 3840 x 2160 which corresponds to 4K.

Maybe when you're done with your video you could airdrop it to your Mac and open it in Quiktime so you can check its resolution, this is how I did it.

Let us know, thanks

Also note that latest update is 6.15

Highlighted
Hiker

hello thank you for your support. So, I load my files recorded with the Hero7 directly into the GoPro app. here I create a story which I then save. then I export the created video to the Photos app of the iPhone. I always record everything in 4K 60FPS. the raw original files are of perfect quality, so the problem is not the camera. it worked very well until 2 weeks ago and the exported files were the right quality (4K). It also shows me when I download the video to the MacBook via AirDrop that it has a 4K resolution, but unfortunately the video does not have this resolution.
Highlighted
Tourist

似たような事例で3月からgoproに改善を求めていますが、即時対応はなく、他社のアプリを使用

@cbrktmfabi さんは書きました:
hello thank you for your support. So, I load my files recorded with the Hero7 directly into the GoPro app. here I create a story which I then save. then I export the created video to the Photos app of the iPhone. I always record everything in 4K 60FPS. the raw original files are of perfect quality, so the problem is not the camera. it worked very well until 2 weeks ago and the exported files were the right quality (4K). It also shows me when I download the video to the MacBook via AirDrop that it has a 4K resolution, but unfortunately the video does not have this resolution.

するように推奨してきます。私は1080-60fpsで撮影し、iPhone×goproアプリで編集していました。3月初旬アップデートまではとてもきれいに仕上がっていたのに、それ以降は画質が荒れて、液晶モニターのように引きずる映像になってしまいました。