Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Every time i try to edit video in Quik app video is flickering

[ New ]

I have tried several times to edit video with the Quik app but the video is all messed up (I am using Samsung Galaxy A6 with Android P now but I had the same problem with my iPhone, which I thought was happening because my iPhone was a little old model: 6s).

In the following link I have recorded a video so that you can see more specifically what is happening, and this is happening with all my videos, no matter the video length.

https://youtu.be/xK-0trepmX0

GoPro

Re: Every time i try to edit video in Quik app video is flickering

[ New ]

@naimj0877, thanks for all the details provided. Just to clarify, are you using the Quik (standalone app)? Or Quik (multi-clip edit) within the GoPro App? Please ensure to have the latest version of the app installed on your mobile device.

I'd also suggest changing the video style to see if it helps. For reference - https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-To-Create-A-Video-Using-Quik-for-mobile/ta-p/388298

GoPro

[ New ]

Also, the flickering is typically a video decoding issue. This issue will more likely affect low-end / mid devices - and can be present with high resolution file. This is due to technical limitations of the device and its ability - or not - to decode videos at the same time.

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash well as I said I have tried it on more than one device and the issue always appears. The phone that I have mentioned on my post supports hardware accelerated decoding for both h265, h264, so I think that should not be the issue. Can 

Tourist

[ New ]

hi @aenriquez I have all the latest updates installed both on the GoPro and on my phone.
I am using the Quik - Free video Editor for photos, clips, music. And the issue is appearing on all the video styles.

GoPro

[ New ]

@naimj0877 

What's the resolution / fps of your video?

We've recently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.
See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.
I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level.
Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)

GoPro

[ New ]

@naimj0877 Engine Team is confirming that it's a known video decoding issue, the other device iPhone 6s on which you tried isn't also exactly the latest model. 

Samsung/Galaxy and Quik don't work well together. Reason is simple: Samsung puts a limit on the number of video decoder available and the ones available are not enough to decode videos - the higher the resolution of the video, the more decoders are needed
Because of this lack of available decoders you'll get those stuttering effects.