Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Endless loop in media edition

[ New ]

I can't edit 360 videos on my Android phone. I get an endless loop while attempting to edit any video.

So far, 4 hours spent with no result using the GoPro... Who coded this **bleep**?

GoPro

Re: Endless loop in media edition

[ New ]

Hello @africamarc

What phone are you using?

Please make sure that everything is up to date (phone, OS and the app).

You may also check: How to Use Reframe in the GoPro App

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7 running Android 9 (kernel 3.18.91)

I re-installed the app yesterday, to no avail.

So far, still an endless wait to open reframe, so the reframe user manual is just another reason for more frustration.

I bought the Amx for this type of features, and so far I haven't been able to do anything interesting with it.

Do you know any alternative app which could help me use my videos until this is solved?

Regards,

Marc

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @africamarc

Would you be able to test this it with another phone?

For reference see 360 Media Support in the GoPro App

I have just tested this with a Samsung S8 and a Huawei P30 and did not encounter any errors.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

I can't easily try with another phone.

What I tried so far:

• Editing 'hero mode' videos on my phone: This works.
  • Copying .360 files from the SD card to Windows and adding them to GoPro Max Exporter on Windows: All files are listed, but still an endless loop (see picture)...

The last test with GoPro Max Exporter would aim at an issue with the files created with my Max...

Any idea?

Marc

GoProMaxExporter_Looping.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Still experimenting...

I'd like to try to open a .360 video from a Max on my phone.

Is there a test file you could share for this?

I tried to attach a small 3 sec .360 video shot with mine, but it wouldn't load....

Regards,

Marc

Hiker

[ New ]

I've been searching for hours for a solution, but so far my conclusion is that GoPro is using the CFHD proprietary format to store its videos, and there is no other alternative than using GoPro apps to convert these. When GoPro apps fail, there is nothing you can do.

I fear that this is making my GoPro Max totally useless to me.

Ideas?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @africamarc. Which phone are you using and which OS is it running on? Does it meet the system requirements for 360 Support in the GoPro App? 

The videos that you are trying to access are short ones so the looping behavior observed is odd. How long has it been in the same mode? Also, does it matter whether it involves a single file or multiple files? 

There is a list of graphic cards that are identified to work with the GoPro MAX Exporter. See if your computer uses one of these. There is more information at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/What-Are-the-Minimum-System-Requirements-for-GoPro-Player/ta-p/413... for your reference.