06-18-2020 03:44 AM
The first time when I connected the GoPro app with my camera I was able to see the view, but now there´s still only Enable Preview by connecting. I turned on and off wifi on the camera, I deleted Bluetooth connection from the memory of the phone, I did reset the camera. I don´t know what else to do. I´m still able to control the camera from the app, even to go live on FB, I just don´t see the preview and it´s confusing. I have an Android 6 on my phone, I even got new phone with Android 10 but the result is the same (but I downloaded all setups from the old phone so maybe there is the same problem somewhere). What else can I do to see the preview on the phone??
06-18-2020 08:47 AM
Hello @slavomira. This is one of the new features added to the GoPro App on its latest version. When connecting a HERO8 Black or MAX camera to the app, the preview will be disabled since it is connected via Bluetooth by default. You can enable the preview by tapping the "Enable Preview" button, then the GoPro App automatically changes to the Wi-Fi connection.
Please check out this article What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi? for more information.
06-23-2020 05:23 AM
I´m tapping on Enable preview but it doesn´t work, after some time it´ll always end up with saying We had trouble connecting with your GoPro.
I did reset my phone, reset the camera, re-installed the app, still the same result.
07-21-2020 02:05 AM
Sorry about tha :(
What is your device?
Here the troubleshooting steps when there's issues with connectivity. For connection issues, it’s usually best to reset everything.
Make sure you are running 6.17 which is the current latest version of the app.
Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu
Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache
- Kill the app and relaunch
Lastly the camera:
- Little battery pull to fresh things up!
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on
Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- Try using bandwitch 5 GHz or 2.4GHz (Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz) > that was my earlier suggestion.
Hope something helps... I do have that issue from time to time on my Pixel... I kill both cameras and apps, battery pull, restart phone and things work again. Hopefully this will help you as well.