Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Eigene Musik in Quick für iOS 2020

Hallo,

ich versuche gerade erfolglos eigene Musik (ich habe ein Epidemic Sound Abo) in der Quick App hinzuzufügen.

In der offiziellen Doku (https://community.gopro.com/t5/de/Quik-Mobil-App-8211-Musik-hinzuf-252-gen/ta-p/388055?profile.langu...

steht ich kann es per iTunes und sogar Dropbox und iCloud machen.

Dropbox und iCloud tauchen schon gar nicht auf, da hab ich nur die Option "Keine Musik". Diese Option wäre mir aber am liebsten.

Und bei Eigene Musik taucht gar nichts auf, iTunes in der Form gibt es auch nicht mehr und in der iOS Music App kann ich local nichts hinzufügen, und auf Music auf Mac nicht die Synchronisierung aktivieren, weil ich kein Apple Music habe (und will).

Gibt es ein weg?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Eigene Musik in Quick für iOS 2020

The best way would be to make a playlist in iTunes and synchronise that playlist on your phone so that the tracks are locally on your phone.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

I would love to do that this way.

But as I wrote, in order to sync music to the library, you need to have an Apple Music subscription.

I found no way to get the MP3s from the Mac into the only available Apple Music App, neither direct from

the iPhone into the Apple Music app. Funny thing, it's possible to add mp3 files to the DJI app. But anyway,

So I would love to use this way. But is no option. And even if it would work, this Workflow would need a Mac wich I don't

have with me all the time.

But do you know why the iCloud and Dropbox Options not available any more? These two also would fix my problem in a prefect way.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

But you are trying to do this on Quik App right? Not GoPro App? The issue here is that Quik App hasn't been updated in a very long time and there's not plan for it now. So anything that changes outside of the App can break it basically.

So I tested right now - on Quik App and it's working as expected.
Tap on Music - tap on the little left and right arrow that lists the name of the tracks until the MUSIC LIBRARY blue bottom show up.

Tap on it / Be sure you are in the MY MUSIC section (bottom nav bar) 

Tap on the grey bar on top where you see the dropbox / drive etc... icons... 

Tap Browse

There you can choose Locations and you should have access to Dropbox.
I can actually add one of my own music in there and it's working.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi,

many thanks for that clarification. Since I always saw all my Videos when opening Quick, I always thought the GoPro App is opening 

Quick to create the Videos. But I was using (and speaking about) the GoPro App then. Sorry

When I directly open the Quick app, I do have these options. But you pointed out, that the Quick App is not longer Updated.

And since the GoPro App have these Features now, I don't think there will be an Update in the Future right?

So how can I have my music in the GoPro App, which is the one who is Updated?

Other reasons why the Quick App is not the solution: 

In the Quick App, I see all my iPhone photos, but not the GoPro Media from the GoPro App.

And even worse, as I see in the Settings I can only render HD, but I film in 4k.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,

In GoPro App you cannot add music via Dropbox. You can use music from the GoPro App library (copyrights cleared) or music locally on your device music library. The dropbox import feature is only in Quik App.

In GoPro App you can use both media from your GoPro or from your phone.

About export quality, currently here's what you have when you export a multi-clip edit:
- On Android it's 1080p/60fps in output.
- On iOS we take the resolution of the most media in your Story (so if you have a majority of 4K media, output will be 4K)

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Hiker

But now we are again at the Beginning:

On Current iOS Versions, you only have a "local library" if you buy the Apple Music Abo for about 10 Bugs a month.

There is NO way to add own MP3 Musik, there was an iCloud Music Library with iTunes, but iTunes is gone for current MacOS versions.

Even on my iPhone where I have the MP3 in the File App, I cannot add it to the Library.

So in the GoPro App for iOS is currently no way for me to add my own Music.

The reason I bought the Gorpo MAX and not the Instar R was that Gopro has Quick.

I used Quick for Years, was really happy and there (still is) the feature to add own Music.

But with the new GoPro app, there is NO possible way to add my own music any more.

So what is planned here? Will there be an Update in the next Time, is this Feature in the Roadmap?

Please give me just a short information. 

Thank You

Highlighted
GoPro

I'm really sorry but I don't have this and QA doesn't either. I have Mojave on my Mac, a coworker has Catalina (it's Music not iTunes) and we can still add our own mp3 to the library and synch it with our phones. So I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you :(