Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Easing Options for Max Footage using Android App

[ New ]

I've just bough the GoPro Max and done a sample video to quickly test the App out for editing.  In the tutorials I've seen by Abe and others when you slide between keyframes a little pop up appears to edit the "Easing".  I can't seem to find/enable/trigger that on the Android app and wondered what I was missing.  

Is this functionality iPhone only?  

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Easing Options for Max Footage using Android App

[ New ]

@zippyexper25665 @superstorm61431 

Those transition options (ease-in / ease-out / jump-cut etc...) are only present on iOS for now - we plan to add it on Android as well later on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Yep, apple only at this point.

GoPro

[ New ]

@zippyexper25665 @superstorm61431 

Those transition options (ease-in / ease-out / jump-cut etc...) are only present on iOS for now - we plan to add it on Android as well later on.

Hiker

[ New ]
Can you be a bit more specific as to what "later on" means?! Are we talking weeks? Months?? Thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

I'm sorry @zippyexper25665 @superstorm61431 but I don't have an info about this, date isn't available yet.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hope it's actually added soon. Been playing around with it and without the "easing" the transitions are awful. Android is hugely popular it's ridiculous the Android app is not full featured. This is supposed to be the honeymoon phase and so far I'm not impressed.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I too would like more info on when this will be updated.  Before the return period?  Pretty dissapointed to find the actual released features didn't match the marketing hype.

Tourist

[ New ]
Do you have news?
Hiker

[ New ]
I got a reply to a bad review I left for the app and they said it will be added in the version after the next one. So it's 2 versions away. GoPro don't seem to update their app often so I'll go ahead and say it's still months away. I hope I'm wrong
Screenshot_20191111-110416_Google Play Store.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
Has anyone heard of a timeline for this? It's been over 3 weeks since GoPro first said 'later on'... any additional information would be appreciated.
Tourist

[ New ]

I left a 1 star review for the app in the google store.  GoPro has a long history of rushing to market with new products where IOS app functions are fully implimented, but Android users are an afterthought on getting the same functionality in the same mobile app.  I've had to tell no less than 8 potential Max purchasers to look elsewhere if they are on Android.

Tourist

[ New ]

I just purchased a max only to find out it does not work as advertised unless you have an iphone. So let down.  How long until it will be fixed? We have a right to know if we should keep product and wait it out or return it until it is ready.  360 footage looks awful without the transitions.  How many 1 star reviews will it take for you to listen to your customers?

GoPro

[ New ]

@blueridge38653 @zippyexper25665 @photorivera @jayb52 @dalihon 

The info that I have is that it should come in 6.2.3  - 6.2.2 will be released soon then 6.2.3 will follow, I don't have dates as these are dependent on how development and testing are going.
If you want a beta, it's a possibility, send me a private message - trying to help :)

GoPro

[ New ]

@zippyexper25665 @blueridge38653 @photorivera @jayb52 @dalihon 

Yes, I'm the one who answered the review, trying to help here :) 

Hiker

[ New ]
Don't seem to be able to send you a private message or go to your profile via your user name on mobile @haindash but possibly by adding the @ in this message will get me there.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

I tried to DM you but I got the following message, "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."  I have never actually sent a DM on here before so not sure how that happened.  Please DM me direct so we can explore beta test option.  Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@blueridge38653 

Oh that happened once or twice, just a retry later will do.

Anyway, here the info to get the beta

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

You can ask access our Beta Testing feedback groups here either:
- iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta
OR
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta

I manage those groups, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Anais

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you from the promt reply.  I have signed up and agreed to the NDA.  Note my email is a hosted google account.  thx

GoPro

[ New ]

@blueridge38653 I have added your email address - please try, not sure if it works with a non-gmail address.

Tourist

[ New ]

Note it did work with my g suite email address.  thx

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Hanidash

Please approve me in the facebook group as well.  thx

Tourist

[ New ]

I have 20+ years working in Information Technology, and have done volunteer work for a large number of beta tests, and not all companies and their beta programs are equal.  I have been in beta programs where they used external beta testers as QA instead of having an internal team that finds and closes the majority of bugs before they goto outside beta testers.  This is NO fun, especially when the beta versions can have major bugs that render the apps useless.

So additional information is needed before I'll try the Beta version of the app, how stable is the beta branch you have external testers using?

Hiker

[ New ]
It's fine. No major issues with footage from hero 8 and Max. Seems to be working almost as well as the non-beta with similar bugs I experiences in non-beta.
GoPro

[ New ]

@photorivera You're right to be concerned. I share beta when I know that the particular bug we're talking about is fixed :) We have our own strong QA Team working hard on each releases and users who are on the beta mostly share feedback and yes - could discover bugs as well following their own editing process. I try to help users as much as I can - that's all :) 

Tourist

[ New ]

I too have fallen victim to this marketing ploy. Android/windows user.

I also contacted support "who are very polite and friendly" and spent 1 hour describing my issue and sending screenshots of the absent easing option.

It took 30 minutes before the technician asked what my type of mobile was and a further 30 minutes to discover that it was not compatible.

I asked for alternatives to which he advised me of a desktop application "Gopro Player" which ofcorse is limited to MAC desktops. Im not going to rant on about apple vs android/windows but there is a good reason people do not choose apple products and as stated here prior a large percentage of Gopro customers fit into this category.

1. I have paid full price for half a products promises

2. I have spent 1 hour with tech support regarding this issue

Please advise your support team so they can get back to the queue and not spend hours chasing solutions where they do not exist.

Please stop marketing full products where they do not exist. A (Available only on IOS would have made it easy for me to choose the insta360 over this product)

Hiker

[ New ]
I feel sorry for the staff in their Philippines contact centre. They've been poorly trained and clearly given limited resources and authority. They're basically a line of defence there to just wear customer down by being nice but ultimately unable to help with anything beyond the very basic. The fact that they don't have a call flow to establish at the first step "what platform are you using" shows how poorly gopro is supporting them. There is now way this is a mitake
This is clearly a customer service system designed to frustrate and tire complainants. I've had a much worse situation develop over the past 3 weeks around being overcharged and in the wrong currency that they're just perpetually failing to resolve. It's a shame GoPro chooses to operate this way. Like I said - it's not a mistake. GoPro is a big company - this is calculated customer deception

GoPro

[ New ]

@zippyexper25665 @matenem1717 @photorivera @blueridge38653 @jayb52 

The easing options for MAX reframing are available in Android GoPro App 6.2.3 which is about the be send out in beta. Let me know per DM if you want it.

Tourist

[ New ]
It bothered me at first but now I've been using over capture in a swivel chair which works wonderfully. Sit in a swivel chair with over capture works great. Try it.
Sightseer

[ New ]
May I have 6.2.3 beta link please as I'm suffering the same symptoms
Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

You've been addded to the beta. However 6.2.3 isn't in beta yet there are a bunch of bugs in it for now.

THe bug report for OnePlus 7 is still open as well.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have to say that I am also quite dissapointed with the lack of support for Windows and less features on Android for Gopro Max 360. I have a Huawei P30 Pro and was hoping to use the easing effect as seen on promotional material. It does not seem fair that we get a product "in development phase" yet we have paid the full price. The windows functionality is indispensible. I have hundreds of clips and working on a mobile is a nightmare. There is no way of sorting through videos easily and it takes a long time.

Tourist

[ New ]

One time i was on technical course in Avaya) And they told - "If you created something new, you haven`t time to fix bugs, you need so fast do sale", I thing it rule for more companies, just business)

Hiker

[ New ]
Hope they will release for Android soon, cuz it's supper annoying without this option, I can't even smooth my transitions.... :( We paid the same price as iOS users...but we have less options.
Tourist

Betreff: Easing Options for Max Footage using Android App

[ New ]
Why is this topic "solved" ?! There is not a single way to change those parameters in the current version and I am rly rly unsatisfied with how the GoPro team handles android customers. I will warn my followers in an upcoming video and would be pleased to give them a release date or at least a "this year". Please take the complaints of Android users serious and don't close a topic without delivering a solution.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Agreed. Saying "we're working on it" is not a solution. Releasing a working app with the marketed features is a solution. Marking this solved before providing the solution does not instill confidence.
Tourist

[ New ]

Bought the GoPro Max to capture footages for my brother's wedding, hoping to be able to create nice footages on my Note 10+ and Windows laptop only to find that the Easing in and out fuctions are only available on APPLE device, wow. Amazing that such a huge company is so biased towards Apple users, thinking that Apple users are more important hence prioritizes the minority of users, leaving non-apple users like us with zero choices. Now, all footages are stuck in the cloud, collecting digital dust because they are practically unusable with the current tools we have with the Android and Windows app. 

Such a huge dissapointment.

Hiker

[ New ]

Can you elaborate on the definition of "later on"??  its been over a month since you made that comment....  also, why is this topic marked as complete?  saying that you are aware of a major problem and you may elect to fix it "later on" is hardly a solution?  lastly, any update on when the windows editing software will be released?  

Hiker

[ New ]
I'm so agree with you. After you bought the device you just realized that you were treated so different than apple users..... We definitely paid the same price for this camera. But we can't get the full features... Without the easing option, I can't stabilize the transition for between the reframes.... It is very annoying!!!
Tourist

[ New ]

So since nothing came here from the official side I just uploaded a warning to my followers with android without any time horizon given from gopro. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMQxYTRz4g

I am really looking forward to introducing the coming new easing options for android users in an upcoming piece. Hopefully this year.

Update: Beta version has got the ease in and out function and it works nice :) But I personally like to edit everything in Davinci Resolve and you can find a...
Hiker

[ New ]
Good video! Hopefully calling these things out leads to a faster update outside of beta.
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks a lot! Yeah I also hope for more pressure on the Dev team..
Tourist

[ New ]
Great video. Regardless of whether this will pressure the dev or not, the damage is already done. I have lost faith on GoPro just by the fact that they see us, non-apple users as insignificant. I doubt I will be spending more money on a company with such a biased mindset.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello everybody, I am testing the 6.2.3 beta version and I can tell you that keyframe transitions are there, works verry nice and smoth. Also the application is more stable, I played almost one hour without any crash. But there are still things to improve, same like you, waiting for the official release.

Hiker

[ New ]
Will it output better quality video? (Higher resolution, no artifacts)
Sightseer

[ New ]
I can't believe I threw so much money for this camera only to find out that the features marketed are not present. I will try to return it. Good job on misleading all Android users. Such a shame....
Hiker

[ New ]
How did you get that beta version? Please share it! Do not just show off!!
Tourist

[ New ]
a few pages before you'll find a way how to be guinea pig ;)
Hiker

[ New ]
Can I get the beta version of 6.2.3 of Android? Thanks
Hiker

[ New ]
Can I get 6.2.3 for Android? I'm using Google pixel 4 xl. Thank you . :)