Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Dropping WiFi connection

[ New ]

While rtmp streaming, I seem to have to leave my cell phone close to my GoPro camera in order for the camera to keep connection to the WiFi network. If I move my phone, running the GoPro app, out of Bluetooth range of the camera, it disconnects from WiFi and ends the stream. Is there a way to push the rtmp and WiFi settings to the camera, then have it run independent from the cell phone and app. 

Basically, I'd like to start a stream, then be able to physically leave while the camera continues streaming without automatically disconnecting because my phone moves with me.

GoPro

Re: Dropping WiFi connection

[ New ]

Hi @livelyjump874

When live streaming is done, the camera's connection to your phone will switch to Bluetooth.

That being said, the camera and the phone should be within each other's range to keep the connection running.

GoPro App's range is between 35-50 feet depending on the wireless interference in your area.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Dropping WiFi connection

[ New ]

Let me try to clarify my question. Is there a way to have the GoPro continue streaming when the phone the app is on is no longer within Bluetooth range? For example, I set up a stream, attach the GoPro to a basketball backboard, and my phone goes into the locker room. The WiFi in the gym is never interrupted, just my phone is moved to a secure location.

Right now, I'm finding that my phone has to stay pretty close to the camera for the stream to not automatically disconnect from the rtmp server.