Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Drifting while reframimg 360 video clip

Just started noticing this when reframiing a video, I keyframe and opject that isn't moving center frame. Either play video or scrub it and the opject will drift either left or right. Only had the Max for about a week and a half and I don't recall this happening until the app was updated to 6.18 but I can't say that for sure, could have been happening before and I just didn't notice it

ios app version 6.18

IpadOS version 13.6

Ipad 10.5" 2019 128gb ram 70gb free

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Drifting while reframimg 360 video clip

Hello @gramps50. Please try to turn off the stabilization (since the camera is mounted and doesn't need stabilization). Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I've looked both in the camera and the app and do not see a way to turn stabilization off. I did some more checking and this only happens after the video has been keyframed in the app and you play it back while still in the reframing mode.

Highlighted
GoPro

@gramps50, you may try turning off the World Lock.

Highlighted
Tourist

Turning off World Lock ad no effect. Appears to have someting to so with the number of frames between the keyframes. The more frames the worse the drift. The only way to get around it is to set the transition to Jump using any of the others and there's drift.

Highlighted
Tourist

Also tried this on my iPhone X with the same results