Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Download 4K 30fps videos to iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11

[ New ]
Hi
We inadvertently changed the settings of the video shooting mode to 4K 30 fps and since then I can no longer download videos to my iPhone 7 Plus vos the GoPro app. :(( no preview from the app either.
What can I do to fix that?

Thanks!
Severine

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Download 4K 30fps videos to iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11

[ New ]

Hello @graymesa00422

The resolution setting you have 4K 4:3, 30 fps is not supported for copy and share through the GoPro App. What you can do is import the files from the SD card/camera to a computer, then move them to your mobile device if they need to be saved on the mobile device. You can import the files directly to a computer from the camera through Quik for desktop app, or you can manually download the files from the SD card manually to a computer by using an SD card adapter. 

This article on Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App might be useful for future reference. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
What I mean is what can I do to be able to download those videos that were shot at 4K 4:3, 30 fps, onto my iPhone? I also usually use the screenshot function to get photos out of my videos, and I can’t do that with those videos either since I can’t preview them on the app. Please help! Thanks Severine
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @graymesa00422,

Have you tried 4k in 16:9? 

Normally that should work without any issues. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I ahve not tried. The problem is we already took all kinds of videos in 4k 4:3 and I'm searching for a way to download them to my

iphone now.. otherwise, I don;'t know how to get those videos out of the GoPro!

Many thanks

Severine 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @graymesa00422

The resolution setting you have 4K 4:3, 30 fps is not supported for copy and share through the GoPro App. What you can do is import the files from the SD card/camera to a computer, then move them to your mobile device if they need to be saved on the mobile device. You can import the files directly to a computer from the camera through Quik for desktop app, or you can manually download the files from the SD card manually to a computer by using an SD card adapter. 

This article on Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App might be useful for future reference. 

Best regards, 

Marius