Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Did fusion support note 10 plus?

[ New ]
I just brought new note10+ and cannot connect my fusion to gofro app. When it will be upgrade app for new note 10.
GoPro

Re: Did fusion support note 10 plus?

[ New ]

Hi @beemyself

See Fusion - Supported Devices for devices we have officially tested to pair with Fusion.

For the Note10+, try selecting HERO6 Black when pairing. See if this will let you connect the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem with my Fusion. I just purchased a Galaxy Note 10 plus and the Fusion will not connect. I will try the Hero6 Black idea and let you know. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sure @tofconstupulus

Feel free to post back.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I tried selecting Hero6 Black but it did not work. Once I selected Hero6 Black, it searched again but just found my Fusion.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I have tried everything and nothing seems to work, does gopro intend to make the fusion compatible with the note 10+? I am currently trying out a note 8 which according to you guys is compatible but I am already running into glitches.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

As we continue to improve stability, image processing and overall performance on the platform, additional Android devices will become supported. Please watch out for further updates. 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I just want to know if I should switch from a note 10 to a note 9 just to be able to work my fusion, or if you guys are going to make it work with the note 10
Explorer

[ New ]
First, this is primarily a member to member support community. While the moderators do provide limited information and try to help out as much as they can, they generally don't have information that they can give regarding future updates and product releases.

GoPro is going to be releasing a new 360 camera (most likely at the end of this month or beginning of October). With it, there may be some enhancements to the app that will also benefit Fusion. However, just as likely is the camera either having it's own stand alone app, or performing in camera stitching and basic re-framing, which would make further app development for Fusion unlikely.

Unfortunately Samsung notoriously cripples their phones when it comes to the video encoders they use. It's really bizarre since they have such great cameras. However, because of this, and the way Android is utilized with custom skins, it's much more difficult for GoPro to develop the app with Fusion functionality for Samsung phones. About a year and a half ago I left Samsung for the LG v30 and couldn't believe how much better it was for video editing (including functionality with Fusion).

So, IMO, you should not hold out hope for an update to the app for Note 10 Fusion functionality (this in no way means that it wont happen, just my opinion). I also don't advise the Note 9 as an alternative as this will also have limited functionality. The Note 9 will work, but just not as good as other cameras on the compatibility list. https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-supported-devices
Tourist

[ New ]

I just discovered a temporary work around for the Galaxy Note 10 plus with the Fusion:

• Set the fusion to Connect in settings,
  • Choose Gopro App (this will bring up the "Cam Name" and passwoord),
  • Go to your wifi settings on the phone and select the Cam Name as the wifi connection and input the passord,
  • Go back to the gopro app and select the camera tab on the bottom far left,
  • select add a new device (plus symbol top right) in the camera tab (far left tab on the bottom),
  • After it searches and finds the fusion, select the "Not my camera" option below the blue connect button,
  • At the bottom of the screen you will see a button "Don't see your camera?". Select that,
  • I chose HERO Session and it connected.

From the phone I can see what I am recording, change settings on the camera, choose video record or photo and transfer files to my phone. The one problem I have found so far is that the video footage has some strange coloring. I have not played around with it much to learn why or check any of the settings.

Let me know if you have any luck.

• I was able to 
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hasta cuando fusionara la gopro fusion para note 10 plus
Sightseer

[ New ]

SmartSelect_20191014-220858_GoPro.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

bought my fusion and updated my firmware today. no support still as of 10/22/19 however this trick does work. my front camera however displays the image as a faded half blury shot with the rear being crystal clear. i am unsure if this is just on the phone or if it is actually the image itself. Will check in the desktop editor when able.

Explorer

[ New ]
Be sure to check your app store for the new update (Oct 23rd).
Sightseer

[ New ]
I have the same issue with the latest update to the gopro app (which includes reframe). The note 10 plus now pairs with the fusion succesfully, but the image from the front camera looks terrible while the rear is fine. The thumbnail for the images looks fine but 360 view has the issue. My note 8 didn't have this issue. I've done a factory reset and all of that to no avail.
GoPro

[ New ]