Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Date bug in the new app

[ New ]
Hey guys, how’s it goin’ ?

So ever since the new update of the app (from gopro back to quik) - something very weird has happened with the dates.

All new videos and photos, before being saved on the phone (ie when i go to ‘view media’) are being shown under the date - January 1st 2016.
Whats even more weird is that - a week ago that happened, the new footage was under this date, and today - more, newer footage - is again under the same date.
Whats even weirder than this is that the date settings in the camera are set just fine.

Any ideas ?

(Btw @ gopro team - I decided not to return the camera for a replacement at the end because the freezing problem seemed to have stopped, and also - i got it for my 30th BD from my old folks so she’s quite a sentimental piece for me 🙂)

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Date bug in the new app

[ New ]

Hello, @eladdale. It could be because the moment the camera is paired with the app (for the first time in a long time as well), its date is auto-corrected. The app does not notify you of this. 

Try recording anew while the camera is paired with the app. The new recordings should have the correct date and show up accordingly. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Gpbug1.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Gpbug2.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@eladdale, this usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed. 2016 is the reset date of the camera. The camera's date/time gets automatically updated when it is connected to the app. The date/time was probably off when the clips were taken, then the camera settings got updated when you connected it to the app. Make sure to check on the camera's date and time before using it. 

Hiker

[ New ]
but the date settings in the camera is all set for today’s date. It’s only in the app showing as if it’s January 2016
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @eladdale. It could be because the moment the camera is paired with the app (for the first time in a long time as well), its date is auto-corrected. The app does not notify you of this. 

Try recording anew while the camera is paired with the app. The new recordings should have the correct date and show up accordingly. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Hey @mariustanya how are you doing buddy ?
So yea - it worked !
Thanks .
GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @eladdale. Thank you for posting back to confirm the fix.