Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Crashed extracting a photo of video

Traying to extract a photo from a video using de gopro app, it crashed and never extract the photo I have to reset the app to use again. How I can solve this? Plis
I really feel good taking a video a then extracting the photos but I have this problem. Please.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Crashed extracting a photo of video

[ Edited ]

Hi @watagata,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I find it odd as I was able to successfully grab a photo from a video (2.7K 60FPS) within the GoPro App installed in my mobile device running on iOS 12.3.1. In order to better understand the situation, I have a couple of thing to check with you:

• Was this feature working before? When did it stop working?
  • Any recent changes in your mobile device that took place before you experience the issue (i.e. software update)?
  • Does the problem happens to all videos? Or do you notice it happening to specific videos only?
  • What's the video resolution used?
  • Please provide your mobile phone's model.
  • OS (iOS/Android) version installed.
  • GoPro App installed.

Additionally, I want to know how are you grabbing a still frame from a video in the app? Under Media List while you have the camera connected? Or do you save the video to the app first?

If using an Android phone, it may also help clearing the app's cache under your mobile device's settings. NO need to include clear data.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Crashed extracting a photo of video

[ Edited ]

Hi @watagata,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I find it odd as I was able to successfully grab a photo from a video (2.7K 60FPS) within the GoPro App installed in my mobile device running on iOS 12.3.1. In order to better understand the situation, I have a couple of thing to check with you:

• Was this feature working before? When did it stop working?
  • Any recent changes in your mobile device that took place before you experience the issue (i.e. software update)?
  • Does the problem happens to all videos? Or do you notice it happening to specific videos only?
  • What's the video resolution used?
  • Please provide your mobile phone's model.
  • OS (iOS/Android) version installed.
  • GoPro App installed.

Additionally, I want to know how are you grabbing a still frame from a video in the app? Under Media List while you have the camera connected? Or do you save the video to the app first?

If using an Android phone, it may also help clearing the app's cache under your mobile device's settings. NO need to include clear data.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,
Ann