Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Crash when adding picture

Using Android. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. When creating a new Quik video, app crashes and reloads the moment I try to add a picture. Adding videos works just fine, but adding any jpg picture causes immediate crash. Any ideas on a solution.?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Crash when adding picture

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. 

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available at the Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it). Thanks!

For those who have already installed or updated to the latest version, please clear cache on the app settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. 

Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Thanks, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @robt8316,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. There are some suggestions in this article that will help resolve the issue: Quik for mobile Crashes

Kind Regards,
Ann

Tourist

Yes, thanks. I've read that article, and frankly I don't see anything that helps. I've tried several of the suggestions, but no change. ☹️
GoPro

Thanks for the update, @robt8316. If the crash only happens when adding a photo onto the project timeline, it could be possible that the app is having trouble processing the selected photo(s).

Does it happen to ALL photos? Or just selected photos from your mobile device's gallery? Check to see if the files' size is too large.

If you create a new test project and add five (5) photos onto it, do you get the same result?

Tourist

The moment I click on any photo, it immediately closes and reopens.  I've tried photos from today, and photos from a month ago, all respond the same. 

GoPro

@robt8316, just to clarify, you get the same application crashing issue even on a new project, attempting to add photos only (without videos included). Is that correct?

By any chance, have you tried importing the same photos onto Quik for Mobile on a different mobile device? Did you get the same results?

This is interesting. I want to get more details in order to further isolate the problem. Please provide us the following:

• Was the app working fine before? Were you able to import photos onto your project timeline before?
  • When did this started from happening?
  • What's the model of your phone?
  • What's the Android version installed?
  • What's the Quik for Mobile version installed?

I appreciate your time and patience. Hoping to hear back from you.

Ann

Tourist

As soon as I open Quik, I tap on "Create a new Video". The moment I click on a photo, the app crashes and reloads back to the initial screen where I can once again choose to create a new video. It happens with pictures I just took, or pictures that I had added a week ago to a video in Quik when it was working. I can add videos fine. But as soon as I click on a pic, it crashes. It's the moment I tap on the picture. I don't even get to the point to actually adding it by clicking on the "check mark". It's the moment i tap on the photo just to choose it.

Yes, the app was working fine about a week ago.
Yesterday was the first time a noticed the problem.
I'm using a OnePlus 6 phone.
Android version... 9, OxygenOS version 9.0.6
Quik version... 5.0.6
GoPro

Hello @robt8316. The following items could possibly be why you observe the Quik for mobile app to crash when you attempt to create a video:

• The app having trouble processing one of the photos or videos you've imported in the project. 
  • The app is experiencing memory pressure crash: your device is probably not powerful enough. Remember that the video is created by the device itself, not by a machine on a distant server. Quik is a demanding app, basically the less powerful your device is, the more it may crash.  
  • We do our best to ensure that Quik works on every device but this is nearly impossible due to the nature of the OS. Android is a fragmented operating system with a myriad of devices running different hardware and software specs. These inconsistencies make it extremely difficult to ensure that the app will work flawlessly on every device.
  • Custom ROM are not supported.

If you haven't yet, try doing the project or edit on a different device or phone. Please let us know how it works out. Thanks!