Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Crash when adding picture

Hi,

i had the same problem and I think I solved it. the problem was Google Play Services that apparently auto updated. I cleared all the data for google play and play services. Go to Settings, Apps, then find google play and google play services and delete all cache and data. Wait a little bit, then reopen Quik and now it works.

There are some instructions from google on how to clear the data:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

I think it's possible to disable play services from auto updating by restricting the background data permission on the play services app.

Tourist

Oh Thank you ❤️ it's working now good work
Sightseer

That's awesome sprywave531

Great find, thanks

Tourist

Erasing Google Play data had work for a while. Precisely, I test the trick at 13 pm and Quik support adding a picture. Happy I was. 

I go for the real work ( I'm 5 movies late) at 17 pm... And Quik crash again. I guess Google Play re-build is data again in the background.
So waiting for a GoPro update again... 
A bit disapointed. First reports of that crash are nearly a month old , summer holydays had started and the App in still nun-functionnal
Tourist

I tried it as well, but did not work at all

Rgds

Juraj

Tourist

Tried that and still no joys utter rubbish.
Tourist

I have the same problem. In a Samsung Galaxy S9. I installed the app again yesterday but once I add any photo the app inmidiately closes. Before I use to make videos with photos.... I think that the problem is from the app not from the devices
Sightseer

I am also experiencing this issue.

I have a Samsung S9, and am able to use Quik to create videos from videos in my Gallery. However, as soon as I attempt to select a photo from Gallery, the app does not select it, but returns to the "Create a Video" screen.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

I have cleared the Google Play Services Cache.

I have 36.1 GB of available storage space.

There is 1.8 GB of available Memory

My photos are .jpg.

I have Quik version 5.0.6.4050-cfa2c7535

This has previously worked, I have successfully been generating videos with both video and photo taken from the Gallery without issue.

I checked my old phone, Samsung S7 Edge, which is also running the same version of Quik, and the same issue arises.

Please advise, is it possible to revert to a previous version of Quik, this certainly wasn't a problem with 5.0.3 as I had my friend check their Quik was still working, they were running the older version of Quik and it works.