Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Crash when adding picture

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. 

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available at the Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it). Thanks!

For those who have already installed or updated to the latest version, please clear cache on the app settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. 

Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Installed the new app, cleared cache and rebooted and now Quik lets me add pictures. But.... I have an album in Google photos ready to make a video. When I get to the "show more" of the album, I get an error - Quik had trouble connecting with Google photos, please try again. I can select photos and videos from GP, but not if I try to show more. Also, photos previously selected don't have the tick against them to show they are already in the video.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Just tested the app. Works great! So cool! Thanks for the update Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Hiker

I unistalled and the reinstalled quik, cleared cache in the app settings, and restarted the phone (Galaxy S7). I selected four photos from GoPro Plus as a test and the app crashed shortly after processing. The test shows up in the app under "Saved for 7 Days" with options to edit or delete. When I click on the test video to view or edit the app still crashes.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the feedback, @rapiddive0864, @rachelf46686, @tdoyle9871

Sorry to hear about the issues you reported, @tdoyle9871 and @rapiddive0864. The crash that you are observing is most probably due to the saved photos being part of the older version of Quik where an issue was observed. See if creating an entirely new project and using photos from Google Photos or GoPro Plus will still lead to an error or crash. We hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I got it to work now. Originally I uninstalled and reinstalled the Quik app (but did not touch the GoPro app) and only picked photos from GoPro plus. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro app as well and was able to create a test project with the same 5 GoPro Plus photos chosen earlier.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for posting back @tdoyle9871

We'll have this shared to the team.

Feel free to get back to us if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

The Quik app is back to crashing for me today. I tried to create a new Quik story selecting video, pictures, and time lapse pictures. I cleared the cache before starting the project and all of the selected media was from GoPro Plus cloud. Once it got done processing, the app immediately closed.

I then attempted to open and edit my successful Test project from yesterday that contained 5 photos from GoPro Plus and this also caused the app to crash.

I attempted to created the new project on two seperate devices - a Galaxy S7 and Lenovo tablet - and both crashed at the same place.