Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Connecting the camera to the app problem

Hi,

I recently purchased the Hero 5 black and I am trying to connect it to my Android 8 phone app. When I first add the camera to the app it finds the camera and inform me that the camera is paired and connected. However when I try to connect to the camer from within the app - altough I see the camera in the app and the wifi symbol is colored blue as if it is connected, I cannot enter the camera from the app. From the camera connect option it is said that the camera is disconneted. I've delete the application and repaired the camera again - but it is the same problem.

Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Itay

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Connecting the camera to the app problem

Thanks for trying the suggested steps! We're glad to hear that it's all working.

To change your nickname, please sign in to your account on gopro.com

Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu.

In that menu, select "Settings".

From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname.

Please note that you can only change your nickname once per hour.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @irousso. There are troubleshooting steps here that will help reset the connection between your camera and your phone. Have a go at them and let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

Thanks!! Following the instructions solved my prolem...

By the way - I just saw that my nickname is fastbluff60741 - that's not really a nice name to have... can I change it? I was not able to find where...

Itay

GoPro

Thanks for trying the suggested steps! We're glad to hear that it's all working.

To change your nickname, please sign in to your account on gopro.com

Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu.

In that menu, select "Settings".

From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname.

Please note that you can only change your nickname once per hour.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

THanks!!

Itay

Highlighted
GoPro

You're awesome, @irousso! Feel free to post back if you have any further questions.