Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Compatibility GoPro App with devices

Hello! This page (https://gopro.ru/blogs/faq/podderzhivayut-li-telefony-kitayskih-brendov-prilozhenie-gopro-app) says that GoPro App "not always" works with some chinese devices like Xiaomi, Lenovo, Huawei, Meizu, Zopo and "some others". Can you tell me what "not always" and "some others" mean? Will the GoPro App work with Xiaomi or not? Will it work with Honor, for example? How to know it?

I bought GoPro exactly for streaming. But after that I have found that it doesn't work whit both of my devices. Now I need to buy a new one. But I don't understand, what kind of device I should have?

I can't send a message via https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. When I click "Start Chat", page says to me that chat is currently unavailable for me. When I click "Request a call", I see "Invalid captha". But there is no captha on this page! Tell me please, what should I do in this case?  

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Compatibility GoPro App with devices

Hello, @daniilb052. The main system requirement for the GoPro App to work for Android devices are the following: 

(1) Android devices running Android 7.0 or later(Android tablets not supported), and

(2) Android devices running Android 8.0, that support OpenGL ES 3.1 or higher if you are using MAX and Fusion. While specific device implementations vary from one manufacturer to another, recommended device chipsets include:

• Kirin 980 and newer
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and newer
  • Exynos 9810 and newer

Keep in mind that, particularly on Android, other factors present on the device can affect performance, even when recommended hardware requirements are met. 

We do not have a list of specific devices that work with the GoPro App, but this basically provides the system requirement that your device must meet. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @daniilb052. The main system requirement for the GoPro App to work for Android devices are the following: 

(1) Android devices running Android 7.0 or later(Android tablets not supported), and

(2) Android devices running Android 8.0, that support OpenGL ES 3.1 or higher if you are using MAX and Fusion. While specific device implementations vary from one manufacturer to another, recommended device chipsets include:

• Kirin 980 and newer
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and newer
  • Exynos 9810 and newer

Keep in mind that, particularly on Android, other factors present on the device can affect performance, even when recommended hardware requirements are met. 

We do not have a list of specific devices that work with the GoPro App, but this basically provides the system requirement that your device must meet. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello and thank you very much @mariustanya !

Now I know what to look for! 

Highlighted
Tourist

That's pretty lousy to require the one of the most powerful processors out there for the Android app. It's like requiring a 12-core i9 to run the desktop SW. Apparently NONE of my Motorola phones will run this app, what a bunch of BS.

Why don't you just come out and say it: "If you don't have the most expensive phone on the market then we don't want you soiling our beautiful app".