Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Cloud not loading on App

It used to work just fine but now my cloud won’t load at all although I have a lot of media on there. I’ve waited ages too so it’s not just me being in patient , I’m struggling as I pay for GoPro plus but as the cloud isn’t working I’m not sure there’s much point? Has this happened to anyone else?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cloud not loading on App

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @kieranboobyer. Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? While the media are under the APP tab, do you see any of the icons described here

Please note that to begin a mobile upload, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a media contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading.

If the above is not an issue, make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. Restart your phone after the update, and if accessible, clear cache on app settings on your phone. 

If this still does not trigger the upload, toggle the Mobile Upload of/off and see if it pushes the upload to PLUS. To do this on the App, go to Settings > My Account > Mobile Upload (change from Blue to Grey to Blue).

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya  I am having the same issue. I have tried all the options I could find in these forums to no avail. My only guess is I don't have the 120% available for ALL of the videos/ images that need to be uploaded, but I do for individual ones. Is there a way I can manually upload them to the cloud, so I can delete them from the app as I go? this issue is the reason I don't have any space on my phone, and I need to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @jolietmermaid. There is a way to manually upload the videos to the cloud, but not through the app. You will have to save them to a computer and add them as media to your PLUS cloud by logging into plus.gopro.com. See the instructions under "Uploading through gopro.com" here for a photo guide. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya  Thanks! So this worked for the majority of my files! Thank you! however, I have approx 25 images that the cloud won't take. It says that they are already there. I've searched thru over and over to double-check and don't see them in there anywhere. (I did manage to find some, but there's 25 I just cannot see in there anywhere.) I tried renaming the files, and then putting them in the cloud, but that didn't work either. any advice?

Highlighted
GoPro

@jolietmermaid. If the "missing" files are photos, see if they may have been incorrectly dated and could be under a different timeline, say 2 or 3 years back. Please search through plus.gopro.com. Let us what you find out.

Highlighted
Tourist

they are photos.. i've only had the plus for under a year, so I did look thru all of it.. couldn't find them.. there were 3 that were just black with a loading icon. deleting those allowed me to upload those 3, but I'm still left with the 25

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry if I may have missed this through the details provided in the threads. Have you been able to import the photos to the GoPro App and allow them to upload to PLUS from there?