Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Change Youtube and Instagram linked accounts

[ New ]
Hi,
I would like to change the Youtube and Instagram accounts that are used by default in Quik when I share a video.
Ho can I do that?
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Change Youtube and Instagram linked accounts

[ New ]

Yes my understanding is that Quik App will use the Instagram / YouTube accounts on which you are currently logged in in both apps. So you have to change in the those apps first for Quick to share to the current logged accounts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @auréliendm

Try signing out of the Facebook/Youtube accounts on your phone.

Then try sharing a file again from the GoPro Quik app.

It should prompt you to log in with the preferred account.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for your answer.
I would like to, but the only account I know how to disconnect from is my gopro account (a protonmail adress).
I have a google phone that is connected to a gmail account (let's call it gmail1), and that's the one that Quik reaches when I want to share a video. Since I want to share my youtube videos on gmail2, I disconnected my android from gmail1 and switched to gmail2, but Quik still goes with gmail1.
Sorry if that's not very clear!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @auréliendm

Are the Youtube/Instagram accounts associated with gmail1 or gmail2?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Actually for Instagram it's all good now, I disconnected / reconnected under the right account from within the Instagram app, and by itself Quik connected to the good one. It seems obvious but I had no idea that it would work like that.
And for Youtube, it seems like I can change loggin in the browser version, but not in the Youtube Studio app, and that's maybe why Quik still goes to my former account.
GoPro

[ New ]

Yes my understanding is that Quik App will use the Instagram / YouTube accounts on which you are currently logged in in both apps. So you have to change in the those apps first for Quick to share to the current logged accounts.

GoPro

[ New ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NArMU1L8do - on how to switch account on Youtube mobile.
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for the link. It took some delay but now I can change my profile on Youtube Studio too.
Where it gets messy is that my main gmail account is also the one I use as my user profile on my Android phone.
I am not gonna fight against it; I will simply edit my videos with Quik, and then upload them on Youtube via Youtube Studio and on Instagram via the Instagram app for the reels.
Thanks for your help!