Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Nomad

Capture (iOS) - (&QuickKey?): Time stamp of photos set to import date and GPS info missing

Since the latest version (the non-forced-login-one) - if I import through the capture app (and in this cae the QuickKey) the time stamp of the photos is the IMPORT time (not the capture time), the GPS info is removed and the videos continue to experience a timeshift (as previously reported). 

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Capture (iOS) - (&QuickKey?): Time stamp of photos set to import date and GPS info missing

@rockybluff5072 - If you move the files directly from the SD card, the timestamp may be the original stamp. Even if you don't though, the files should be organized by the day they were taken.

If you're not seeing the GPS info when you go into the Create mode in Quik, it may not have been captured when the video was recorded. This can happen when you don't have a GPS signal (ex. you're indoors). It would be a good idea to double-check this by shooting a sample video when you are in a place where the camera has a strong GPS signal (the pointer icon on the screen is lit up) and see if that video brings its GPS data into Quik.

Thanks,
Jeff

Nomad

Re: Capture (iOS) - (&QuickKey?): Time stamp of photos set to import date and GPS info missing

Hi Jeff - the imported (H5B->QuickKey->Capture (iOS) photos also have no GPS info in Quick (iOS);

The GPS icon on the camera was lit up (I double checked, as I had the smae expereince the last time when I imported some photos but I wasnt sure about the Cam having GPS signal). 

I'll try again to import w/o the QuickKey (via SD card reader or Wifi and see what happens then)

Nomad

[ Edited ]

So I double checked: 

the problem is the Import through the Capture App. 

If I import via Wifi -> Capture ->  time stamp in iOS photos is the IMPORT time / GPS info lost. 

If i import via lightning SD Card Reader straight into iOS Photos app, time stamp is recording time (for photos (video still shifted)) and GPS info is maintained. 

[sorry double posted..]

Nomad

So I double checked: 

the problem is the Import through the Capture App. 

If I import via Wifi -> Capture ->  time stamp in iOS photos is the IMPORT time / GPS info lost. 

If i import via lightning SD Card Reader straight into iOS Photos app, time stamp is recording time (for photos (video still shifted)) and GPS info is maintained. 

It's a pity as the QuickKey could be quite useful.

Sightseer

I have the same problem, there is a solution?