Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Capture app (Android, Samsung) can´t connect to GoPro (Hero +)

I had to connect via iOS first then my Samsung phone miraculously worked. Have you tried loading Capture app on iPad mini and connecting to that?
Sightseer

Hello,
I have the same problem with my huawei Mate s. Android Version is 6.0 with EMUI 4.0.1. I have bought the Go Pro Hero 5. The acutally Software is in the Go Pro and i have no found soution for this problem
There are a solution for this problem? Please help me :)
Tourist

Try shutting down home WiFi I finally did that and was able to get it to link. Phone always wants to connect to strongest WiFi.
Tourist

I managed to get my camera connected eventually. Somebody on this forum suggested the solution, I can't find him or her at the moment to say thanks.

I had to use an iOS device to do it.

With Capture App on my iPad mini, while trying to connect, I got to a page that showed the camera name.

In the top left corner there was an 'edit' button. [This 'edit' button doesn't appear using my Sony Z5 phone]

Click on the edit button and a red 'X' came up beside the camera name.

I clicked the 'X' to delete the camera from the app. 

Then I started over from the beginning and was able to create a new name for the camera and a new password.

Then I tried to connect using the Capture app on my Sony Z5 phone and it worked.  It still sometimes takes a few attempts to get connected but it works. It's only taken about 6 months of frustration to get filming again.

Good luck.

Shay.

Tourist

TURN OFF THE **bleep**ING BLUETOOTH ON YOUR CELLPHONE AND PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEVER TURN ON BLUETOOTH IN CAPTURE APP. THE **bleep**TY BLUETOOTH DOES ALL THESE PROBLEMS.

Sightseer

This solution helped for me also. Didn't even have to give a password. it was auto connected

Sightseer

Can't connent camera to capture app it asks password again and again and again in samsung

Sightseer

thank you bro it worked