Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Capture app (Android, Samsung) can´t connect to GoPro (Hero +)

Had support on phone for an hour today and peice of trash camera still cant connect as soon as you start to pair camera wifi kicks off and says cant pair. Called my prvider and they tried still wont work they told me Junk app is not compatable with android 7.0 Your softwhere writers need to get in gear and update app.

Highlighted
Anonymous

App isn`t updated my provider told me app softwhere is 3 versions behind on android Mine wont work either. I have latesed android verson 7.0

Highlighted
Anonymous

I  am having the Same problem except my phone is an iphone 4s and it connected before and wont now

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, check in your advanced Wi-Fi settings on your Galaxy to see if you've got a setting enabled that searches for the best network. Your phone might be jumping off of the camera's network due to it not connecting to the internet, and turning OFF that setting in your Galaxy could fix it. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello @mattb , 

Thank you for getting back to me.  

The closest setting I have is something called "Smart network switch" and this is already set to "OFF".  This automatically switches from WI-FI to phone 4G when WI-FI is not stable.  With this set to OFF, Capture was still not working/stable.  

Eventually I made it work by turning off my Wi-fi router all together.  This seems to be the only way Capture would work properly.

PS: I couldn't find my first post after I edited it, and I just assumed that it got lost.

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous

Good to hear that it's working now! I don't often hear of needing to turn off the router entirely, but I know strong Wi-Fi signals can interfere with the signal from the camera. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello,

I have a big problem with my new goprohero 5 black and my samsung s6 edge plus.

Phone cannot read the signal of the gopro.

background:

Phone: Samsung s6 edge plus

Android version: 6.0.1

Capture app version: 3.3.1

Gopro hero 5 black: firmware 02.00

I tried connecting my gopro to the using the normal steps. However after it connected it will go to the screen that will tell me "add camera"

then i went to wifi settings to see if there is a signal coming from the gopro, unfortunately none.

I am doing this for ages now nothing seems working.

I tried to connect it to my GF's iphone, the capture on IOS worked brilliantly with my gopro.

Can someone help me ASAP.

Many thanks,

Ralph

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Folks,

I had no problem with my Hero4 Session using the old GoPro app. Since the app changed to Capture I've never been able to connect to the camera. 

I've exchanged numerous e-mails with the GoPro help line, they kept telling me to do the same stuff over and over, like reset the wi-fi, update the software, reload the app, etc etc all to no avail. They don't e-mail me anymore, I guess they've given up on me.

I used to control it with my Sony Z5 phone or my iPad mini, I even downloaded the Capture app onto my wife's Samsung Galaxy phone and it still didn't work. Now the camera is useless to me and I'm getting very close to chucking it in the bin.

My pairing attempts always end with the same screen telling me: "The camera password is incorrect. You may have set or changed it from another device. Please enter the password for GP........"

Any new ideas on how to fix this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Shay.

IMG_0325.JPG