Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Capture app (Android, Samsung) can´t connect to GoPro (Hero +)

Turn off Bluetooth, helped me with Honor 7.  Cat LOL

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks. That is also the solution for my Honor 7.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Nope, It just doesn't work (any more) : Fresh app, new phone and latest firmware:

If I disable Bluetooth - it won't even try - just keep asking me to make sure "wireless is on"

When I enable bluetooth (and the phone IS connected to the camera's wifi) I get the "enter password" run around.

I'm giving up - after 2 frustrating hours - it simply doesn't work.

Dear GoPro - please come to your senses, and rewrite the app - without this horrible login "feature".

(or at least make it a opt-in one)

Why not simply ASK us what you want to know about our "user experience" instead of trying to steal it.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Has anyone found a solution to this? Seems a bit ridiculous, glad I didn't buy a session or I'd be up the proverbial creek without said paddle.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've encountered the same problem but I was able to sort it out. Try uninstalling Capture App from your phone, reset the phone and reinstall the app. Then, restore your GoPro to default settings. Turn on both your bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your phone. Allow bluetooth pairing from your phone and under WiFi connection, manually select your GoPro network.

Worked for me. Hope it will for you, too. 

CIao. -F

Highlighted
Anonymous

I can't connect my go pro session to my LG5 app keeps kicking my phone of my own WiFi and says connection problem. Tried everything. Sending back my go pro. Camera and app is trash totally dissatfied.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - The connection to the camera will replace the connection to any other wifi signal, so that's normal.

What's the connection error you're seeing? If it's the "No Internet connection" warning, that's normal too, since the wifi signal your phone is reading is coming from the camera, which does not also connect to the Internet. If that's the error, if you jump back to the app, you should be able to continue pairing.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Still won't run camera app locks up phone. Plus app is compacted. Don't know what half these codes mean in camera menu. Was born in the 60 s not in the 2000s