Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Capture app (Android, Samsung) can´t connect to GoPro (Hero +)

[ Edited ]

@mattb wrote:

Hi there, 

Are you still running into this issue? Make sure to have the latest version of Capture downloaded to your phone as well as the latest firmware installed on the camera. The HERO+ and HERO4 Session should produce PIN codes when you set them up to pair to a device for the first time. The HERO5 will have the password displayed on the screen when you are first pairing. goprohero was the default password just for HERO3 and 3+. 

If your phones keep telling you to enter in the password again, it could also mean that the phone is jumping off of the camera's network due to thinking that it is not a good one. The phone could think this due to the fact that the signal connects to a camera rather than to the internet. To stop that from happening, go to the advanced settings of your phone's Wi-Fi menu and be sure to turn OFF any sort of mode that selects the "best" Wi-Fi signal. This may be called something like "Auto Network Switch," "Smart Wi-Fi," or "Choose Best Network."

Hopefully that will resolve the problem for you. 

Hi Mattb,

My app and camera's software are up to date. 

WiFi is connected to GoPro only.

Unfortunately, I'm still having this issue. 

It keeps telling me to enter the password.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi all,

Any answers there?  as I have the same problem...

Android 5 on my Samsung mobile and Capture app just downloaded.

Wifi connected

Go pro displays the pwd

But capture app keeps asking for password even when I enter it...

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi aourel,

First of all, make sure you have Class 10 microSD Card (more info here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations), than update firmware to latest version: https://gopro.com/update/hero5 That solved it for me, hope it helps you out.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue. Android last version app, it ask me to enter the password again and again, i can not image that product does not test before releasing. Hope gopro team solve this issue quickly. That is so suck.......

Highlighted
Anonymous

Figured it out already. Got same problem, keeps asking the password. Dont turn on the bluetooth guys. Dont turn the bluetooth when you connect. It worked for me. 😊
Highlighted
Tourist

I have an iphone 6 and i cannot connect my hero5 black to capture app -pls help

I just bought my hero5black, i tried everything it keeps on saying no internet connection. and keeps on asking my password. pls help.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I had this issue before, but after I updated the softwere it worked.

Make sure to update the hero5 to 01.55.

Best wishes.

Highlighted
Anonymous

THX loyalvista !!

it helped me and finally my gopro 5 is connected with Huawei P8 lite :) so guys try turn off Bluetooth!