Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Capture app (Android, Samsung) can´t connect to GoPro (Hero +)

I was having the same issue and after resetting the gopro Wifi and re-installing the app (with Locataction and Contacts permission enabled) it finally began working.

Question... Why does the GoPro app need access to my Contacts and Location? Are you tracking me?

Sightseer

Wow. What a struggle. Finally resolved this by switching off my wifi router. Seriously. How cr4p is that? Super disappointed - I'm late to the GoPro party, looks like I shouldn't have bothered?

Anyway, it's finally connecting. Hero3 Silver + Nexus 5x. 

Good luck folks, be prepared to try *everything* you read on the forums etc.

Tourist

my tablet will not let me even get the app. I wonder if tablets can't get the app and phones can.

Highlighted
Hiker

It's 2018 and GoPro hasn't sorted the problem of app's and cameras not pairing 

I have had a Samsung Galaxy Young for a few years and in that time the app and camera worked just, and I had no complaint but since using a Samsung Galaxy s7 the app and camera just don't work together.

I have tried to delete username from wifi on device, also tried both yes and no when connecting to device.

This needs a fix or will become a Cricket Ball and be hit for six.  

Spoiler
Man Frustrated
Sightseer

Turn off bluetooth, definitely!
Hiker

Press mode button which is back of camera for 20 seconds this will clear the wifi settings follow instructions on screen in which  you are asked if you want to reset yes / no

It's been a while since I have done this good luck