Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Capture always show loading on Xiaomi mi4i

hi fellas, my phone is xiaomi mi4i. I had gopro Hero 4 silver, i downloaded the application of gopro(Capture).
once i start the application, it always showing circle(loading) and never changes. Can someone tell me the solution? but the application is working on the other phone, i used my tab it's work. only on xiaomi didnt work. Please i need your help guys.
ian
GoPro

Re: Capture always show loading on Xiaomi mi4i

Thanks for reporting this.  We're getting multiple reports of some Xiaomi phones having trouble with the Capture app.  Can you confirm what version of Android an MIUI you have on your device?  We think some of the issues may be related to the fact that the phone doesn't have Google Play services installed (and it's difficult to install it).

If you launch the app and get the loading animation, if you let it sit there for 5 minutes or more, does it ever show anything else?  Our test device is a Mi5 and it loads quickly but shows the alert that Google Play services are needed.

One more question: Have you previously used the app (a previous version of Capture, for example) where it was loading correctly?  If you remember a date or version of the Capture app (back when it was called GoPro App), that could indicate that some feature we added created the problem.

Thanks in advance for helping us troubleshoot this!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Same problem with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Anonymous

the same problem with Xiaomi Redmi note 2 :(

Tourist

hi, thankyou for reply my report..

I'm on MIUI8,and using Lolipop version of android. Btw,i am using the lastest version of "Capture".

Please fix it, because it's hard to take a photo without the apps. Thank you sir :)

Anonymous

i have the same problem with my redmi pro and redmi note 3 pro, 

but working normally with another phone except xiaomi.

please help

ian
GoPro

Thanks very much, everyone, for reporting your phone model information.  We're currently reaching out to Xiaomi and also investigating internally to figure out what the problem is.  Thanks for your patience as we dig into this and search for a solution.

Tourist

I have tried with different versions of the application. The Last working version with xiaomi devices is Capture 3.0.3277