Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Cant Control GoPro with the app

I have a GoPro Hero 8 I've used the app in the past to control my gopro. After not using the gopro for a month and deleting the app off my phone I redownload the app yesterday and everything woked as it should. I went to view the media on my phone today from the app and I cant because I get an error message that says "we had trouble connecting to your GoPro. Make sure GoPro is on, close by and has wifi enabled" with a wifi logo above but everything is turned on and im next to the GoPro. Ive deleted the app, deleted the wifi and bluetooth name from my phone and redownloaded the app again and did the steps and loged back into my GoPro wifi and still got the same message. I did this 5 times and every time the same message. I was told by GoPro that it was because i didnt update the camera. I manually updated and still the same error message. Was told by GoPro to use another phone but I only have one phone. Was told to factory reset and I did but I still ended up with the same error message. My phone is updated with current ios. Im using version 6.5 gopro app. In the end I was basically told I dont know good luck by GoPro. I really need the app to actually use the GoPro for the reason I bought it. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cant Control GoPro with the app

[ Edited ]

Hi @caposzaire274

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you can, it would be best if you can do a screen recording while doing the steps below:

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Thanks!
Ej