Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Cannot use SD card with GoPro Android App

I bought a Hero7 Black and want to download my videos to my phone but my phone space is full. However, I have a huge SD card where I store my pictures but it is not possible to tell the GOPRO Android App to use this space. I am new to the GOPRO community and maybe I am not up to date with the latest Apps.  I am using version 6.15.1 (9200)

If this is not possible the app is useless to me!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cannot use SD card with GoPro Android App

Hi @joachimb42

There is no option to automatically have content saved to your SD card.

You will have to manually select the photos/videos you'd like to move to your SD card each time.  

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.
This has been forwarded to the team in charge.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @joachimb42. You can still download your files to the memory or SD card. The file first goes to the GoPro App's media folder but is up to 3x faster than before as it no longer needs to transcode your files.

Check out this article for more info - How to View, Copy, and Delete Media Using the GoPro App

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @joachimb42. You can still download your files to the memory or SD card. The file first goes to the GoPro App's media folder but is up to 3x faster than before as it no longer needs to transcode your files.

Check out this article for more info - How to View, Copy, and Delete Media Using the GoPro App

Thanks for the answer, but I think I have lost you here.

Of course I can manually move my files to the SD-card on my phone.  The point is that the GOPRO app does not allow the use of the SD card as far as I can see. There is no place in the settings or in the app configuration to tell the app to use the SD card storage instaead of the internal phone storage.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joachimb42

There is no option to automatically have content saved to your SD card.

You will have to manually select the photos/videos you'd like to move to your SD card each time.  

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.
This has been forwarded to the team in charge.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Ej,
Thanks for this reply. I assume you are replying on behalf of GOPRO. I will wait to use QUIK for Android until the application is able to work with the SD storage.