Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Cannot upload videos to cloud

[ New ]

I managed to upload 4 videos to the cloud, but now, it refuses. I have tried turning the camera on and off as well as the phone and a force stop on the app, all to no avail.

I am using a Samsung S20FE

The GoPro is connected to the wifi as well as the phone.

Also, while the goPro is plugged into the USB, the GoPro gets very hot, it always has done from the day I got it.

Anyway, why is my GoPro suddenly refusing to upload anymore videos?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cannot upload videos to cloud

[ New ]

Hi @gothiic

What error message are you getting when doing an upload from the camera?

Check out Common Auto Upload Issues

You may also check if there are files stuck on upload. Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It just comes up saying, cannot connect and then a box saying try again.

I have managed to upload by not using the phone app and just plugging it into the charger and having it set to auto upload. I would have prefferred to use the app, but this way is more reliable.

thank you for your reply

gothiic

GoPro

[ New ]
This is a good call, plug camera, let it upload, it's the fasted way to upload actually - over app or desktop, so you're right to set that up.
Hiker

[ New ]

Ok, this is now becoming stupid.

The Gopro now refuses to upload. All I get is a screen saying "Upload Error Please connect to an outlet to upload"

I have used every single outlet in my home.

Online chat help is useless, I keep get told to reset my GoPro, Which I have done so many times. In fact every upload requires a reset, prior to this latest crash.

Resetting the GoPro means I lose all my custom settings.

The GoPro as an action camera is great. The fault is in the uploading of videos, is very poor.

I have seen this fault on this and other forums going back over a year! Why has it not been addressed?

I am sorry to say that I am bordering on the fact that I am thinking about asking for a full refund. As the GoPro is not working as it was discribed and advertised as.

Hiker

[ New ]

UPDATE:

I tried to do a direct upload using a SD adapter. This has just failed to upload a mere 2.4gb video.

There is now no way to upload my videos to the cloud

The cloud is rubbish, I want a refund

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gothiic. Was there any error message when the manual upload failed? Does it matter which browser is used to do this? What was the upload speed for your network at the time of uploading the 2.4-GB video?

Hiker

[ New ]

My Upload speed is 18Mb

I had also done a manual upgrade as the camera and app said both were up to date and I have it on auto update. Anyway, I did a manual update and so far it seems to be now working.

It has taken a while to get this sorted, but now I seem to have figured it out.

I do love the GoPro footage, I aim to get a gimbal for it.

I would recommend that you say to people that to always update manually as you cannot rely on the auto update.

Thanks for the help though

Gothiic

Hiker

[ New ]

I have just spent 12 hours trying to upload another video. It failed. I tried to connect the GoPro to the PC and using the MTP, this failed. I am now trying to just put the Micro SD card in an adapter and putting it on my pc that way.

I have to say, that the Gopro is very tempermental. One day, it can work one way, the next day, it fails. It really is unreliable. Unless I have got a faulty GoPro, which I think I have.

It has not worked 100% since the day I got it.

I still would not recommend this junk, just buy a £50 one off of Amazon