Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot upload videos from quik app to cloud on iPhone or iPad Pro

[ New ]

Hi, I hope I am missing something because if it si not possible to upload videos from my iPhone 12 Pro or my iPad Pro that are in the app tab of the Quik app I am going to be even more displeased with GoPro than I am already because the video editing in Quik has to be done in portrate and not landscape like other video editing apps for iPad Pro.

So, how do I directly get my videos from the Quik app tab to the cloud?  I do not want a work around where I have to download them to my iPhone first and then log into the Quik website to get them uploaded.  This is all within the GoPro Quik software so it should be automatic or just a simple button click.

It seems like the $50 annual subscription for unlimited video and photos is not very good because it is so difficult to get videos uploaded.  Currently I have to use work around to get videos into the Quik cloud and I have to use iMovie for editing because it works in landscape, like it should.

GoPro - please fix these issues ASAP.  You are taking a great camera and hindering the crap out of it with a terrible app and storage workflow.

GoPro

Re: Cannot upload videos from quik app to cloud on iPhone or iPad Pro

[ New ]

Hi @scottdavis1966

Sorry for any trouble caused.

What version is the GoPro Quik app on?

Can you please try signing in and out of the subscription account on the app?

Make sure to relaunch the app before signing back in.

You may also check if there are files stuck on upload. Manage Upload Page in Media Library

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Quik App. Erosion is 8.8 (5369)

I logged out, then closed the app and then reopened the app and signed back in. Same thing, I do not see an option to upload the videos.

I do not see what to do to get them uploaded from the Quik app tab to the cloud.

Scott Davis
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @scottdavis1966

Kindly check if you have the Mobile Upload option selected.

On the app, tap on the profile icon on the left-hand side.

Go to My Account> Mobile Upload.

You may also check GoPro Subscription - Mobile Upload

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm frustrated with this as well. If it's possible to automatically upload media, we should be able to manually do it as well. You're so right about a great camera with a terrible app. I don't see myself paying for another year of the subscription either.
Hiker

[ New ]

I am having the same problem.  I have tried everything suggested.  What can I try next?  What does GoPro need to fix?

Hiker

[ New ]

I am coming to the conclusion this feature is not operational.  Which reduces the value of the subscription.  Please prove me wrong 😃

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @subby23 and @mcsue. What seems to be the issue with uploading media through the app? Is the Mobile Upload setting enabled on the app? 

If so, the upload will be automatic once your device gets connected to a Wi-Fi network. To check, your media under the APP tab will have any of the following icons: 

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload

CLOUD+UP - Item uploading

CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed

EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading

Do you see these icons tagged on your media? 

Tourist

[ New ]
It takes forever to upload media, I either need to have everything update automatically or use a workaround to upload select media, I have media that indicates it successfully uploaded to the cloud but didn't, the video playback is glitchy, the list goes on. GoPro needs to invest in fixing the software
Hiker

[ New ]

I removed all the 'uploads' including files that were no longer in my App Library.  The three files currently?restarted their upload.  The upload has been running for about 12 hrs.  No error indication on status page. https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status.  I have created a short clip to see if it shows up on the status page.  I am r running this from an iPad Pro attached to my home WiFi.  Does this function actually work?  What else should I try?

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok I deleted all the uploads.  Deleted all the original videos in the App Library.  All that is in the App Library is a 45sec clip.  It show on the status page.  It has the cloud with the up arrow showing in the quik app.

Hiker

[ New ]
Well the cloud seems to be limited to clips less than 90sec. Please someone prove me wrong. Then share how you got it done. 😜
Tourist

[ New ]

I am also experiencing this issue. It's ridiculous that the Quik app doesn't allow you to manually upload from the app to my $50 per year cloud subscription. I've gone through the steps of logging into my browser and deleting the two stagnant uploads, but there's still no indication my videos are uploading.

Also, my GoPro Hero 9 claims not to have any of the footage, but I can view footage on the device through the Quik app? WTF is up with that? So not only will my camera not upload the footage automatically to the cloud bc it claims to be empty, but I also can't get the footage to the cloud through the Quik app.

This **bleep** is broken.

Tourist

[ New ]

Still not resolved 24 hours later– according to the Quik app, one of my videos is still uploading (as indicated by the cloud with the arrow) but I have no idea of knowing what the status of that upload is. AND the browser based cloud library media uploader doesn't show there are any uploads currently in process.

WHY does this app and this product **bleep**ing suck so much??!