Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot transfer files from GoPro hero 5 black to Go Pro App iPhone

[ New ]

I'm using a GoPro Hero 5 Black with the Go Pro app for iPhone. With camera on, GoPro app shows that I'm connected to the camera (including same camera name as the GoPro, so no confusion there). When I click "view media" it only transfers some video files from the camera - but not the ones I want. I can view/watch the media in playback mode on the GoPro, so I know it exists. It simply just doesn't transfer. I have ample available storage on the iPhone, so that shouldn't be an issue... Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I also have an iPad with the GoPro app, and doing all the same steps there yields the same result - no file transfer. 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Cannot transfer files from GoPro hero 5 black to Go Pro App iPhone

[ New ]
Ok, user error... apparently the date/time reset after my last use and my videos did transfer. Were simply lost among all other videos due to wrong date/time. Case closed. Thanks for the assist though!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Can you please post a screenshot ? @boldbluff08235

What's the resolution of the file?

This might help: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-View-Copy-and-Delete-Media-Using-the-GoPro-App

Also please check this chart: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Quik-for-mobile-Supported-Resolutions-to-Copy-and-Share

On that chart you will see the resolution supported by your mobile phone/iPad.

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
Ok, user error... apparently the date/time reset after my last use and my videos did transfer. Were simply lost among all other videos due to wrong date/time. Case closed. Thanks for the assist though!
GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @boldbluff08235

Thanks for letting us know.