Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot save trimmed video

[ New ]

Hello, 

i have an issue with saving my trimmed video in goPro app Quick. I found there a same issue -> Same issue.  I realized that it occurse when i am trying to save trimmed video which is not starting from start of video if yes i can save it without any problem. Stuck at image from linked issue.. in 3 sec it goes back to original video.

any ideas ?

AJ

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot save trimmed video

[ New ]
Hi,
Ok then that's what's happening for you. The chipset Kirin 710 isn't powerful enough here, we have identified this issue in the past.
If you don't do anything to the file, then it will be able to save it to phone, as soon as you do any edit, even just trim, it won't work.
We are doing some long term work to help fix this problem with chipset that aren't performant enough. Sorry about that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adamj84747. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the Quik App installed? Were you doing a trim on a single file or clip? Does it matter how huge the original and the trimmed files are? 

Try restarting your device and make sure that your phone has enough space to accommodate new media and edits. Let us know what you find out. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
It would be indeed interesting to know which phone you have and what's the resolution/fps of your video.
There are currently issues with phone that have chipset Kirin 710 as this chipset isn't performant enough and some rendering get stuck.
Tourist

[ New ]

Type of OS is android 10

Phone have enought space to save the file

Ye, my goPro app is updated to the latest version

It doesnt matter how big or long file is (in my case it has around 263mb - 21s)

Restarting app doesnt work

If i start trimming from scratch of video i can save it without any problem. Also when i tried to save (trimmed) 20s from 21s. Othervise when i want to save trimmed video from middle of footage (doesnt matter how long it is) issue occurs

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Thank you, what is the phone?
Are you doing any edit on the video of jus the trimming?
Tourist

[ New ]

Ye, my chipset of phone is Kirin 710 - Huawei P30 lite
Footage is timelapse with 4K

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Ok then that's what's happening for you. The chipset Kirin 710 isn't powerful enough here, we have identified this issue in the past.
If you don't do anything to the file, then it will be able to save it to phone, as soon as you do any edit, even just trim, it won't work.
We are doing some long term work to help fix this problem with chipset that aren't performant enough. Sorry about that.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hah, there must be some nuclear algorithm with calculating start position of trimming. Thanks for fast reply!