Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]
I have a GoPro account and I was signed in all the time. I tried signing out, restarting the app and would be automatically signed in when starting an app. The settings I screenshoted was in fact when I was signed in but have no access to disable automatic upload to the cloud
GoPro

[ New ]

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772 

Sorry for the back and forth but we're trying to find a solution, hopefully it will work out :)

Could you, per private message, share with me the email address linked to your gopro.com account.

In the meantime we have something for you to try:
1. Sign in via Chrome or a browser on laptop/computer (gopro.com)
2. Go to Settings and change your password.
3. Go back to your phone, in GoPro App, if you're not logged out, do log out.
> Now you should not be forced to log in when you kill the app or try to re-install.
4. Re-install the app
5. Sign in with the new password.

The password change has helped fixed several issues in the past so I'm hoping it does the trick for you as well.

Let me know, thanks a lot.

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, no problem, this is pretty much trial and error so back and forth is the only way to go, thank you for your patience.

I followed the instruction to the letter and after reinstalling the app, I checked media before signing in and Cloud page was missing and still occupying the Edits page. Then I logged in and it was still the same.

I still can’t access the account option to disable the automatic upload to Cloud and I think this is the issue with app version on a specific device. For example, on my old iPhone 7, the same version of GoPro works fine but I still can’t access the account option for cloud upload. My iPad 2 Air which is older than iPhone 7 has the same issue as my iPhone 11 Pro.

How very odd
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Same here, did not fix it :(

GoPro Version is 7.3.1 (4494)

GoPro

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
Thank you for trying.
I appreciate your patience, we're still digging.
Will keep you posted.
GoPro

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
I believe that the Cloud subscription activation + log out/log in has solved the issue :)
Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, sadly, it hasn’t :(

I can now access the menu section and switch off the automatic upload to cloud but I’m still missing a separate page for edits stored on local device. I would now have to back up everything to cloud and I’m sure it would work but when the complimentary subscription expires I’ll be back at square one.

I did exactly as you said, sorry it didn’t work
GoPro

[ New ]
What oh no!!! It did work for @fireydusk2772
So the fix on this issue will be available for 8.0 however I don't know when this will be out, a month or more, I don't have the date. That's why we have 2 months of subscription.
When the bug was seen by the team, the thing that fixed it was to log in, log off and log back in. This is I believe what @fireydusk2772 did and it brought back the correct tabs.
You could, again try to change your password.
I'm so sorry, I was so happy to hear that it was working for one user :(