Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]

I'm having exactly the same issue as Kruger78 on iphone Xs running ios 13.3

Tried some of the suggested fixes but problem remains.

I'm an iphone developer myself 😕 i think the "no cloud media, yet" page is always rendered to the second tab on the save screen.

If there is no cloud subscription the "cloud" tab is hidden and the "edits" becomes the second tab. Because the "no cloud media, yet" is rendered to the second tab and not the hidden "cloud" tab it overwrites the content on the "edits" tab  when there is no cloud subscription.... or something like that 😊

it is an reproducable bug, just test on your end 😊✨

Hiker

[ New ]
Thank you fireydusk, I was of the similar opinion though I’m not as knowledgeable as you are. The problem appears to be affecting later generation of iPhones and definitely started with iCloud subscription so the app needs redoing. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi 

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772 

Ok thanks for the feedback and all info. I will check with the development team.

@danielwozniak 

When you make a Story and you save it to your phone, if you have a Cloud subscription that Story is also send to your GoPro Cloud. When you open that Story on your Cloud page you have the option to share a GoPro link of your Story.

Hiker

[ New ]
Unfortunately it doesn't work. 😭
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772
Ok so you can log in under Settings in GoPro App and to Sign In with your GoPro.com login but you don't actually need a paid subscription to be able to login, you can do it even if you don't pay for GoPro Cloud - that's the info I have.
It could possible to log in, kill app, log off, kill app, log back in.
Something to try out.

Let me know how that goes.
Hiker

[ New ]
Ok, so I tried this snd though it didn’t work, it provided a clue where the problem might be. If you look at the screenshot attached, you can see a page in the settings where I should be able to switch off automatic upload to cloud and it won’t let me change it. If it did, I think the edits page with local storage should reappear.
79E57DC4-6806-4FEA-B4C6-7D96B1375C9A.png
GoPro

[ New ]
what about the screen before that one, just under Settings.
Don't you have a Sign In / Create Account buttons?
Under Settings you have
Preferences
GoPro Awards
About the App
Get Support

And there the sign in option.

Can't you sign in from there with your gopro.com account?
GoPro

[ New ]
you can make a gopro.com account without paying