Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]
I am using GoPro 7 Black, and have been using for the last year. I always use a GoPro app to manage photos and videos and save to my iPhone 11 Pro (used iPhone7 up until October 2020). I am very much familiar with the app and have done stories many times but something is wrong now. When I create and edit a story, I click save and after a while the app confirms that the story was saved to app but is nowhere to be found. I tried several times, different settings but to no avail. After saving, the app only takes me to a Cloud subscription page.

Is GoPro trying to force me to subscribe to Cloud in order to maintain the functionality of the app? I hope not because that would be very poor practice against consumers. If some people want to subscribe, fine with me, but I have 256 Gb on my phone and that is what I want to use. Please fix this

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
I believe that the Cloud subscription activation + log out/log in has solved the issue :)

View solution in original post

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, happy to report that the edits tab has now appeared where it should be and my stories now turn up there :) I didn’t do anything on top of what I did earlier, I guess it took some time for the app to adjust itself 🤷🏻‍♂️

I still think the app needs some work so it would be good to have an update soon.

Thank you for your help in this matter :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Make sure you're running the latest version 7.3.1 is just out.

When saving to App, go in Media / App > check the filter in your media gallery tab > two arrows next the Media on the top bar. You can choose options to filter your media differently - you can choose Recently modified.
GoPro

[ New ]
If it's a Story, it can be found under EDITS.
Hiker

[ New ]
I just update to the latest version and tried again, its the same. Filter is not the issue as I tried everything. When I go to Edits screen, it only shows Cloud subscription page, shows no edits whatsoever.
Hiker

[ New ]
This is what is shown on Edits page
8FC9ACE1-8566-4ED3-9D0E-A7CE78D35058.png
GoPro

[ New ]
ok this seems broken. Kill app and restart phone.
Filter choose All.
Then you should have tabs: App, Cloud, Edits.
The Set up Cloud text should be under the Cloud tab, not under the Edit tab.
Hiker

[ New ]
Tried killing the app then restarting the phone. When that didn’t work, tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone and installing again, the same. Cloud page is on the edit page again :(
Hiker

[ New ]
Just to add, tried my App on the iPad as well and it shows the same problem so it appears to be iOS version rather than the iPhone itself