Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]
I am using GoPro 7 Black, and have been using for the last year. I always use a GoPro app to manage photos and videos and save to my iPhone 11 Pro (used iPhone7 up until October 2020). I am very much familiar with the app and have done stories many times but something is wrong now. When I create and edit a story, I click save and after a while the app confirms that the story was saved to app but is nowhere to be found. I tried several times, different settings but to no avail. After saving, the app only takes me to a Cloud subscription page.

Is GoPro trying to force me to subscribe to Cloud in order to maintain the functionality of the app? I hope not because that would be very poor practice against consumers. If some people want to subscribe, fine with me, but I have 256 Gb on my phone and that is what I want to use. Please fix this

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot save stories to GoPro app

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
I believe that the Cloud subscription activation + log out/log in has solved the issue :)

View solution in original post

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, happy to report that the edits tab has now appeared where it should be and my stories now turn up there :) I didn’t do anything on top of what I did earlier, I guess it took some time for the app to adjust itself 🤷🏻‍♂️

I still think the app needs some work so it would be good to have an update soon.

Thank you for your help in this matter :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Make sure you're running the latest version 7.3.1 is just out.

When saving to App, go in Media / App > check the filter in your media gallery tab > two arrows next the Media on the top bar. You can choose options to filter your media differently - you can choose Recently modified.
GoPro

[ New ]
If it's a Story, it can be found under EDITS.
Hiker

[ New ]
I just update to the latest version and tried again, its the same. Filter is not the issue as I tried everything. When I go to Edits screen, it only shows Cloud subscription page, shows no edits whatsoever.
Hiker

[ New ]
This is what is shown on Edits page
8FC9ACE1-8566-4ED3-9D0E-A7CE78D35058.png
GoPro

[ New ]
ok this seems broken. Kill app and restart phone.
Filter choose All.
Then you should have tabs: App, Cloud, Edits.
The Set up Cloud text should be under the Cloud tab, not under the Edit tab.
Hiker

[ New ]
Tried killing the app then restarting the phone. When that didn’t work, tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone and installing again, the same. Cloud page is on the edit page again :(
Hiker

[ New ]
Just to add, tried my App on the iPad as well and it shows the same problem so it appears to be iOS version rather than the iPhone itself
GoPro

[ New ]
That is weird..... What's your app version and OS version?
Hiker

[ New ]
App was just updated to 7.3.1 version and iOS is 14.2 bit 14.3 is available, I will try updating to that and see if it makes a difference
Hiker

[ New ]
So, tried updating iOS to latest 14.3, reinstalled GoPro app again but still, Edits screen only shows Clouds page. I really don’t know what else to do
GoPro

[ New ]

IMG_E241DCDE86AC-1.jpeg

this is what you should see.
App media = GoPro media / Cloud is where you can set up yoru subscription or log in to existing account. Edits is where you can start a multi-clip edit.

Also you can you try to:
select App media, then tap on the first icon on the blue bottom bar to it sends your media to Mural (Home Feed)
From Mural you will get an auto-edit with these media, you can modify this edit then save it.

That edit once saved, should also appear inside the EDITS tab.

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, this is what should be seen but its not. It only shows App and Edits but not Cloud - consequently, cloud page just sits on the Edits page.

I grabbed my son’s iPhone 7, which I used previously, installed the app and it works well there 🤔 attached is the screenshot from that phone.

So, it doesn’t work on iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14.2 and 14.3) iPad 2 Air (iOS 14.2) but it does work on iPhone 7 (iOS 14.2). Latest app version used on all devices. Hope this helps in narrowing down the source of problem
Hiker

[ New ]
Under EDITS i see my projects of edits, not finally movie. When i export project do the phone memory, it appears in folder "GoPro-Exports". Earlier content of that folder was automatically sent to the cloud do panel "Edits". I could for example send to somebody link to that movie. Now the content of folder "GoPro-Exports" is not sent do the cloud. Another problem is that te projects in panel edits don't synchronize between different phones.
Hiker

[ New ]
No issue with anything you said but still, something is wrong with the app on some Apple devices but not the others. If you look at the screenshot on previous page, my edits page is messed up and shows Cloud subscription page instead. I have no problem with video edits, they, unlike stories, show up under the App tab. My stories are there, they are saved and I can see memory decreasing accordingly but I just can’t see them and therefore can’t do anything with them.

I am ex experienced and IT savvy person so I’d rather focus on a broken app than a possibility of me being a daft user 🙄
Hiker

[ New ]
Just to underline that the problem isn’t solved yet - any indication towards what could be the problem?
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having exactly the same issue as Kruger78 on iphone Xs running ios 13.3

Tried some of the suggested fixes but problem remains.

I'm an iphone developer myself 😕 i think the "no cloud media, yet" page is always rendered to the second tab on the save screen.

If there is no cloud subscription the "cloud" tab is hidden and the "edits" becomes the second tab. Because the "no cloud media, yet" is rendered to the second tab and not the hidden "cloud" tab it overwrites the content on the "edits" tab  when there is no cloud subscription.... or something like that 😊

it is an reproducable bug, just test on your end 😊✨

Hiker

[ New ]
Thank you fireydusk, I was of the similar opinion though I’m not as knowledgeable as you are. The problem appears to be affecting later generation of iPhones and definitely started with iCloud subscription so the app needs redoing. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi 

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772 

Ok thanks for the feedback and all info. I will check with the development team.

@danielwozniak 

When you make a Story and you save it to your phone, if you have a Cloud subscription that Story is also send to your GoPro Cloud. When you open that Story on your Cloud page you have the option to share a GoPro link of your Story.

Hiker

[ New ]
Unfortunately it doesn't work. 😭
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772
Ok so you can log in under Settings in GoPro App and to Sign In with your GoPro.com login but you don't actually need a paid subscription to be able to login, you can do it even if you don't pay for GoPro Cloud - that's the info I have.
It could possible to log in, kill app, log off, kill app, log back in.
Something to try out.

Let me know how that goes.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]
Ok, so I tried this snd though it didn’t work, it provided a clue where the problem might be. If you look at the screenshot attached, you can see a page in the settings where I should be able to switch off automatic upload to cloud and it won’t let me change it. If it did, I think the edits page with local storage should reappear.
79E57DC4-6806-4FEA-B4C6-7D96B1375C9A.png
GoPro

[ New ]
what about the screen before that one, just under Settings.
Don't you have a Sign In / Create Account buttons?
Under Settings you have
Preferences
GoPro Awards
About the App
Get Support

And there the sign in option.

Can't you sign in from there with your gopro.com account?
GoPro

[ New ]
you can make a gopro.com account without paying
Hiker

[ New ]
I have a GoPro account and I was signed in all the time. I tried signing out, restarting the app and would be automatically signed in when starting an app. The settings I screenshoted was in fact when I was signed in but have no access to disable automatic upload to the cloud
GoPro

[ New ]

@kruger78 @fireydusk2772 

Sorry for the back and forth but we're trying to find a solution, hopefully it will work out :)

Could you, per private message, share with me the email address linked to your gopro.com account.

In the meantime we have something for you to try:
1. Sign in via Chrome or a browser on laptop/computer (gopro.com)
2. Go to Settings and change your password.
3. Go back to your phone, in GoPro App, if you're not logged out, do log out.
> Now you should not be forced to log in when you kill the app or try to re-install.
4. Re-install the app
5. Sign in with the new password.

The password change has helped fixed several issues in the past so I'm hoping it does the trick for you as well.

Let me know, thanks a lot.

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, no problem, this is pretty much trial and error so back and forth is the only way to go, thank you for your patience.

I followed the instruction to the letter and after reinstalling the app, I checked media before signing in and Cloud page was missing and still occupying the Edits page. Then I logged in and it was still the same.

I still can’t access the account option to disable the automatic upload to Cloud and I think this is the issue with app version on a specific device. For example, on my old iPhone 7, the same version of GoPro works fine but I still can’t access the account option for cloud upload. My iPad 2 Air which is older than iPhone 7 has the same issue as my iPhone 11 Pro.

How very odd
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Same here, did not fix it :(

GoPro Version is 7.3.1 (4494)

GoPro

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
Thank you for trying.
I appreciate your patience, we're still digging.
Will keep you posted.
GoPro

[ New ]
@fireydusk2772 @kruger78
I believe that the Cloud subscription activation + log out/log in has solved the issue :)
Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, sadly, it hasn’t :(

I can now access the menu section and switch off the automatic upload to cloud but I’m still missing a separate page for edits stored on local device. I would now have to back up everything to cloud and I’m sure it would work but when the complimentary subscription expires I’ll be back at square one.

I did exactly as you said, sorry it didn’t work
GoPro

[ New ]
What oh no!!! It did work for @fireydusk2772
So the fix on this issue will be available for 8.0 however I don't know when this will be out, a month or more, I don't have the date. That's why we have 2 months of subscription.
When the bug was seen by the team, the thing that fixed it was to log in, log off and log back in. This is I believe what @fireydusk2772 did and it brought back the correct tabs.
You could, again try to change your password.
I'm so sorry, I was so happy to hear that it was working for one user :(
Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, no worries, I’ll play a bit more with different options and report here if I succeed.

Happy to hear that the fix will be addressed in the next version and in the meantime, I can use the cloud subscription. I will try to back up everything and use cloud then switch to local edits. I will let you know if it works
Hiker

[ New ]
Well, this gets weirder. I can’t back up anything to cloud, automatically or manually. In app tab, some clips have a cloud with a clock, one has a cloud with an upward arrow. Auto upload is selected.

Tried creating the story again, its nowhere to be found. My edits page looks like this now:
497FC122-D4A8-4FEE-A4AA-7D083830271E.png
Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, happy to report that the edits tab has now appeared where it should be and my stories now turn up there :) I didn’t do anything on top of what I did earlier, I guess it took some time for the app to adjust itself 🤷🏻‍♂️

I still think the app needs some work so it would be good to have an update soon.

Thank you for your help in this matter :)
GoPro

[ New ]

@kruger78 

Really happy to hear that :) Thanks for getting back... yes for sure the app needs work :)

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have followed and tried all as were instructed and i still have same issue. newest version 7.3.2 and logged in and logged out, changed as convo's were happening and i only have the App and Edits tab no Cloud tab at all and my stories still don't show either.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spiryalp33068

We do not see an active subscription using the email address on your Hub profile.

Is there another email you may have used for the subscription?

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@spiryalp33068 

Hi,

Sorry about that, we will look into it to see what we can do. Will keep you posted.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I was able to see that you've taken an annual subscription on the 5th.
With this you should be able after a log off log in, phone restart to see all three tabs.
Keep me posted, it worked for two other users in the same situation as you.
Tourist

[ New ]
I am having a similar issue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @betor. We used the email address associated with your Hub profile but we are unable to pull up a record of an active subscription. What seems to be the issue? How may we help?

GoPro

[ New ]

@kruger78 @betor @spiryalp33068 

So, sorry about that issue, the bug is fixed in 8.0 so you will have to wait a little for it to be available, I'm very sorry. It's coming up end of the month.

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, great news about the update. Looking forward to it
Hiker

[ New ]
So, the complimentary subsriptipn expired, app was updated and now this (see photo). Not at all happy with this
0650F431-8A97-494D-B60F-4114EE78CCA7.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

@kruger78 @betor @spiryalp33068 

Do you now have the correct tabs in your app? > App / Phone / Cloud / Edits

8.0 has introduced some premium features: original music, filters, 2 new styles and a speed tool.
Speed tool is a premium feature only if you create segments. If you tap once on the WHOLE video strip, it will select it all and you can apply slomo / fastmo without a subscription. As long as you don't use any premium features, you can save your video and you don't have to pay (if you have a GoPro paired with the app)

Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, yes, the tabs are ok now - I even noticed that my cloud is still uploading which suggests my subscription is still ongoing and yet, it asks me to subscribe in order to save the edit.

I created a simple story, selected style (travel), applied filter (vibe) and selected music from the included pack, that was always a part of the basic package so no premium features to my knowledge. I can understand charging for additional premium features and cloud functionality but I do not accept having to pay for something that was advertised as a part of the package when I bought the camera. I am guessing its just a teething glitch and hope we can resolve it otherwise, users from before the cloud introduction will need to be given access to all the features that were previously a part of the package ;)
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Travel is a premium style so if you don't have a GoPro subscription you can't use it for your edit. If you use any other styles than Travel and Glitch you will be able to export if you have a camera paired.
The little blue striking light icon tells you if the feature is premium or not.
Hiker

[ New ]
Haindash, thanks, did not spot the thunderbolt earlier - works on other styles as you suggested