Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot render Max video in Gopro App

New Max. I'm able to do keyframing and editing in the Gopro Max App, but I cannot render my videos. I receive an error message each time I try to render. I'm not even trimming, only keyframing. Any idea how to get the App to render my Max videos? Thanks.

GoPro

Re: Cannot render Max video in Gopro App

@deftpike840 

What's your device and OS?
App version?

Thank you :)

Tourist

Hello haindash, 

My device is a Samsung Note 9 (Model SM-N960U) The operating system is Android Version 9. The App version I am using is Version 6.2 (8306).  

Each time I try to render a keyframed video, I get this message:  

"Let's Try That Again. There was a problem rendering your video."

Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks.

GoPro

Hello @deftpike840.  See if your Samsung Note 9 meets the system requirements below for 360 support in the GoPro App:

Android 8.0+, with at least 4GB RAM.
Keep in mind that, particularly on Android, other factors present on the device can affect performance, even when recommended hardware requirements are met.

Also, try restarting your phone and clearing cache on the app settings. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

Update now causes the app to freeze and force close when I click on the camera icon to connect. Too bad gopro made all the settings on the sessions camera only available through the app. Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. A camera that doesn't allow you to change the settings on the physical camera. It wouldn't be a problem if the app works but it doesn't. I have 2 phones and a tablet and the app crashes on all of them when trying to connect to the camera. Utter BS. Fix this F'ing APP
Tourist

Hello Mariustanya,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have Android Version 9, and lots of RAM (64GB at least). How do I clear the cache on the App? Is there a place in the App to do it? Where? Or do you mean from the global Apps settings? (I've tried that by having Android do a clean up.) Finally, when you say that there are "other factors present on the device that can affect performance," can you give me an example of one that might prevent rendering? I think this is the latest Samsung Note (or maybe there's a 10 already), so what other factors could be involved?

Thanks.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

any update ?

Tourist

I just followed Mariustanya's suggestion to "clear... cache on the app settings" on my phone, and after I did that I was able to render. I've rendered several since then, and the rendering process continues to work, so thank you for that suggestion.