Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot pair Hero7 White and Android app

Hi. I have an issue with pairing my camera (G7 White) with Android app. I tried many advices, posted here. Created and deleted wifi networks on the mobile, created and deleted bluetooth devices. Tried with 5 and 2.4 Ghz. Reset connections on the camera, and so on.

Updated camera's sowftware to latest version:

{
  "info version":"2.0",
  "firmware version":"H18.02.02.00.00",
  "wifi mac":"044169ae7c16",
  "camera type":"HERO7 White",
  "camera serial number":"************************",
}

This doesn't help.

My phone:

Redmi Note 4 (Model 2016102)
Android 7.0 NRD90M
Last Security android Update: 2018-12-01
CPU 8x2.0Ghz
Firmware: 953_GEN_PACK-1.148143.1.163979.1
Kernel version: 3.18.31-perf-g653a83a

But, also I tried to pair this camera with phone of my wife. And it was paired from first attempt. I tried even 5, and 2.4 Ghz, and everything works perfectly.

Phone of my wife:

Redmi Note 4 (Model 2017.02)
Android 6.0 MRA58K
Last security android update: 2018-08-01
CPU: 10x2.11GHz
Firmware: MOLY.LR11.W1603.MD.MP V13.18.P90
Kernel version: 3.18.22+

Please, help me. I can't switch phones with wife =) I don't like pink phones.

Tourist

Re: Cannot pair Hero7 White and Android app

I got message 'We found your GOPRO' and when pressed the 'connect' button, I got repeated message 'Cannot connect to GoPro. Something went wrong. Please try again'

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hmmm.. Now I have one more step. I rebooted my phone after the app installation, set AeroMode, turn on wifi and bluetooth, add permission to GoPro app to manage wifi connections,

and App 'allows' me to connect. I used '' because, now I had step 'Rename your camera' and I had my camera in the list of devices in the app. But still can't connect and get picture from camera on the phone

I rebooted camera, and got the message: "something went wrong, please verfy that bluetooth and wifi are enabled". And ofcourse, they are enabled. =(

GoPro

Hi @spirybluff64420

Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

Check out other troubleshooting details here: Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

If these doesn't help, see if the suggested troubleshooting steps in this thread for Redmi Note 4 will work for you.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Tourist

Hi. I am sorry, but are you kidding me?!

I wrote in the first message, that I already tried each 'typical' advices from this forum. I 'played' with wifi, bluetooh, apps, and so on. I even made full reset on my phone, and setup just Android. First app, I installed on my phone was - gopro app. To absolutely check and verify that there is no any firewals or other third-party apps, who can prevent to GoPro-app.

I provide some techincal info about my phone (where app doesnot work) and about my wife's phone (where app works perfectly).
If you can me how to get some logs from GoPro app, I will send it you

GoPro

Hello @spirybluff64420. Thank you for the reply. I see that you have already gone through some of the recommended troubleshooting steps for connectivity issues. There are still others on the list that may have not tried out yet (or just not explicitly described in your post). If you haven't done them yet, please do. This will help us further isolate the issue.

We have no way to receive GoPro app logs in the Hub. See if the Send Feedback link on the App will allow you to do so. You can find it under Settings. 

Let us know how it works out with further troubleshooting. If the phone and the app will still not work, it could be due to compatibility issue. Thanks!

Tourist

Yes, I tried steps from this instructions. Unfortunatelu, it doesn't help

GoPro

Hi @spirybluff64420

This is most likely a compatibility issue.

We do our best to ensure that the GoPro App works on every device but this is nearly impossible due to the nature of the OS. Android is a fragmented operating system with a myriad of devices running different hardware and software specs. These inconsistencies make it extremely difficult to ensure that the app will work flawlessly on every device.

Thanks!

Ej