Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Cannot pair GoPro 9 with GoPro App on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14

[ New ]

Hi,

The pairing starts well, iPhone creates Bluetooth connection, GoPro9 device confirms the successful connection, but after that, the iPhone app shows "Pairing failed" (see attached screenshot).

I have tried (from what I have found in this forum):

• Manually updated the GoPro9 firmware
  • Restarted iPhone
  • Deleted Bluetooth pairing from the previous attempt
  • Switch from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz on GoPro
  • Factory reset of GoPro
  • I total I had 20+ attempts for pairing

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.0.1 English

GoPro iOS App v 7.1 (4135)

GoPro 9 Firmware 1.21

Thanks for any help!

gopro9-ios14-pairing-failed.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Cannot pair GoPro 9 with GoPro App on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14

[ New ]

Update v01.22.00 fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that.

Please try the following suggested steps accordingly:
- Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
- Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
- Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the "i" button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
- You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

We've seen connectivity issues with iOS14 :( Check that Private address setting, it did help other users.
Hiker

[ New ]

Dear haindash,

I did the first two suggestions of you.

I cannot do the third one - I cannot see GoPro WiFi in iOS / Settings / WiFi (yes GoPro is on, in "App" mode, "Wireless Connections" is "On", I have tried switching from 5Ghz to 2.4 Ghz...). I just don't see GoPro WiFi on my iPhone and there is no "WiFi Icon" on the GoPro.

Thx

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

You have to have your camera on and then find your GoPro camera’s network in your phone Wifi Manager > tap the "i" button next to the network, that's where you can toggle off the Private address button.
Hiker

[ New ]

I have my camera on, but there is no WiFi (my should be GP24638199) visible on the iPhone (in Settings/WiFi). Even from my PC I cannot see the GoPro wifi.

Hiker

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about all the trouble, trying to find a solution.

So you're right, when I turn on my HERO9 and go to the Wi-Fi manager in the settings I don't see the GoPro.
However I go into GoPro App, then I have the "Camera Found", I do View Media / Join / and this connects me to my GoPro.
If I go back to the WiFi manager, I see that I am connected to my GoPro then I taped on the "i" next to the GoPro wifi to deactivate that Private Address setting.
Hiker

[ New ]

Where do you this "I do View Media / Join"? thx

GoPro

[ New ]
This is when I connect my HERO9 to the app, on the camera page there's Control my GoPro and under View media, then I get a pop up to join the camera's Wifi.
Know that we have update 7.2 coming up + a firmware update for the HERO9 as well.
Hiker

[ New ]

Update v01.22.00 fixed the issue.