Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot install GoPRO APP 6.2.3 on phone with android 7.1.1

Cannot install GoPRO APP.

I have Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) / SM-J510FN with Android 7.1.1.

This version of Android should be sufficient for GoPro APP (version 7 is required) but I cannot install GoPro-6.2.3.apk

GoPro-5.2.1.apk installs corectly but neither can connect to GoPro Hero8 nor has it on device dropdown list.

There is no other restrictions for installing application on Android than version 7 of system (this phone is not tablet).

Nothing about device performance or features is stated in:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility/ta-p/394353

QUIK was installed without any problems.

So why I cannot install GoPro APP?

Sightseer

Re: Cannot install GoPRO APP 6.2.3 on phone with android 7.1.1

I am in the same situation.  I have a Motorola e5 play with android 8.0.0 and it says my device is not compatible.  But everything I see from GoPro says all you need is android 7.0.0 or higher.  Cant find any information on how to correct this.  Extremely frustrating when you spend over $900 on 2 GoPro cameras (Max and Hero8 Black) only to find out you need this app, and then you cant get the app even though it says you should be able to.  No instructions with the Hero8.  Cant seem to find answers anywhere.  And all they give is some message board.  Evidently you cant update your camera without the app.  

GoPro

@activepike0067 @piotrt4851 

According to this article https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us/articles/226667067--Device-not-compatible-error-message-in-Go it seems it happens with other apps.

Try this:

To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again. 

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data as shown below.

GoPro

Hello, @piotrt4851 and @activepike0067. We'd like to gather more details to further isolate the issue. We'd like to know if your location may have an impact on app availability. Where are you located? 

Tourist

I am located in Poland. I've tryed with google play (gopro app is not on list for this device) and manually after downloading apk file. i've succesfully installed gopro app on other phone samsung a70