Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Cannot download the app

I have a Motorola e5 Play phone with Android 8.0.0.  According to everything you say, I should be able to download this app, but it keeps telling me it is not compatible with my phone.  I also saw no notification anywhere about the importance of this app prior to spending over $900 on 2 cameras.  It is pretty crappy that you do not warn people about making sure they can download this app before they purchase.  How am I supposed to update my camera?  Why isnt there an app I can download for my laptop?  I didnt even get an owners manual with the camera with any instructions.  You basically assume everyone is just going to figure it out on their own.  That is ridiculous for something this expensive.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cannot download the app

Do you have this in PlayStore? > "Device not compatible" error message in Google Play Store

Maybe check out this article https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us/articles/226667067--Device-not-compatible-error-message-in-Go it seems like this happens with other apps.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I have purchased a GoPro hero 8 black and I tried to set it up on my Motorola e4 phone and I keep getting a message from playstore that it is imcompatable with my device.  I tried the clear cache and date in the playstore app and that didn't work.  I checked to see if there were any phone updates and it says I have the latest version.  I also rebooted the phone.  Nothing seems to work.

Jim

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello i have Redmi Note 4 and i can' t download the app. Please help me.

Highlighted
GoPro

@kirikaschios @activepike0067 @livelymesa33071 

Sorry about that, the issue behind this is that it's not only a requirement for a certain Android version but also some other software (Open GL) this information isn't exposed to users for now so you don't actually that your phone doesn't have the correct version to be able to download the app. We are looking at ways to correct this. 

Highlighted
Tourist

As we can install an older version?????
Highlighted
GoPro

I guess if you search for GoPro App app maybe?