Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Cannot connect GoPro App

Thanks!
Highlighted
Tourist

I've been having a lot of issues connecting my new Gopro hero 9 to a Iphone 11 pro max with IOS 14.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fireypeak42712. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It is definitely to do with iOS 14 as I tested it on another phone with iOS13 and it connected for me. So maybe something changed in iOS14 that is causing the issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using the latest version 7.0.1. I was able to mitigate the issue by manually installing the GoPro firmware update using the SD card.
The Wifi now works but is not very stable; I lose the connection sometimes when downloading videos.

Highlighted
Tourist

I was still having a lot of connection issues, and I made have found a solution. IOS 14 has a new private address option for WiFi which randomizes the MAC address. I disable the option from the WiFI connection settings, and now I’m seeing improved connectivity.
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Cannot connect GoPro App

Hi,

I have same issue with my hero 3, following the istruction i connect the camera to phone and go back to app but still remain in searching.

I tried on Android phone the connection go fine and work all perfectly.

I try all suggestion i found but still not solve the problem.

I have a brand new iPhone 11 with iOS 14 and last version of app 7.0.1 (4095) so i think the problem it's about the last iOS release.

Highlighted
Sightseer

So I have the 7.0.1 version and I’m having trouble connecting also. Trying to setup auto upload from our house and it will not work.