Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Cannot connect GoPro App

Hi, I have failure to connect GoPro app after upgrade to ios14 public beta3.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cannot connect GoPro App

Hi @lostrider

After any OS updates, we suggest restarting the phone before pairing again.

What error message are you getting when trying to pair the camera?

You may also check https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

To help isolate the issue, you can also try pairing the camera with another phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi aragon1006,

I have restarted my iPhone but problem still persist. It showed connected my GoPro Hero 7 black but the app cannot control it.

William
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thanks for going over the suggested troubleshooting steps, @lostrider. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We're looking further into this. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have new information available. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks aenriquez!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @lostrider. Our team is looking into this matter. May we know which iPhone model you are using? Are you trying to pair it with the HERO7 Black only, or with other GoPro cameras as well? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi mariustanya,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using iPhone XS to pair the Gopro HERO7 Black. Actually, the problem was happen after my iPhone upgrade to ios14 public beta 3. it was show connected in App but it was failure when i would like to control it. I also tried to pair with other ios version with no problem.

William
Highlighted
GoPro

@lostrider, we recently released a newer version of the GoPro App for iOS (v6.18). If you haven't yet, please try installing the update to see if it'll make any difference.

Then, I have some troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

Let us know how it goes.