07-24-2020 09:14 AM
After any OS updates, we suggest restarting the phone before pairing again.
What error message are you getting when trying to pair the camera?
To help isolate the issue, you can also try pairing the camera with another phone.
07-24-2020 03:32 PM - edited 07-24-2020 03:40 PM
Thanks for going over the suggested troubleshooting steps, @lostrider. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We're looking further into this. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have new information available. Thanks!
07-27-2020 01:12 AM
Hello, @lostrider. Our team is looking into this matter. May we know which iPhone model you are using? Are you trying to pair it with the HERO7 Black only, or with other GoPro cameras as well? Thanks!
07-27-2020 01:50 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'm using iPhone XS to pair the Gopro HERO7 Black. Actually, the problem was happen after my iPhone upgrade to ios14 public beta 3. it was show connected in App but it was failure when i would like to control it. I also tried to pair with other ios version with no problem.
07-30-2020 11:19 AM
@lostrider, we recently released a newer version of the GoPro App for iOS (v6.18). If you haven't yet, please try installing the update to see if it'll make any difference.
Then, I have some troubleshooting suggestions that will help:
- Restart your mobile device.
- Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section.
- Kill the app and relaunch it.
- On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera.
- Now, put the camera in pairing mode.
- Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app.
- Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out.
- For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set.
Let us know how it goes.