Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot connect GoPro App

[ New ]
Hi, I have failure to connect GoPro app after upgrade to ios14 public beta3.
GoPro

Re: Cannot connect GoPro App

[ New ]

Hi @lostrider

After any OS updates, we suggest restarting the phone before pairing again.

What error message are you getting when trying to pair the camera?

You may also check https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

To help isolate the issue, you can also try pairing the camera with another phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi aragon1006,

I have restarted my iPhone but problem still persist. It showed connected my GoPro Hero 7 black but the app cannot control it.

William
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for going over the suggested troubleshooting steps, @lostrider. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We're looking further into this. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have new information available. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks aenriquez!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @lostrider. Our team is looking into this matter. May we know which iPhone model you are using? Are you trying to pair it with the HERO7 Black only, or with other GoPro cameras as well? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi mariustanya,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using iPhone XS to pair the Gopro HERO7 Black. Actually, the problem was happen after my iPhone upgrade to ios14 public beta 3. it was show connected in App but it was failure when i would like to control it. I also tried to pair with other ios version with no problem.

William
GoPro

[ New ]

@lostrider, we recently released a newer version of the GoPro App for iOS (v6.18). If you haven't yet, please try installing the update to see if it'll make any difference.

Then, I have some troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi anriquez, thanks for your reply.
I have upgraded the GoPro App to latest version and I also added my GoPro to the App again. However, the problem presist. Please help. Thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @lostrider. We will check with the App team again regarding this concern. We will keep you posted through this thread. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Having same issue with a Hero3+ silver using ios14 beta
GoPro

[ New ]

@cameronm8428, were you able to go through the suggested troubleshooting steps?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

This was the first time connecting the gopro to this phone. I did try everything in the steps to fix this and the app is the latest as I only just downloaded it. I also updated the firmware on the gopro, but each time it just says there was a problem connecting.

Thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

@cameronm8428, there are some additional troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem. Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks, I have already tried all of this. I am going to try another iPhone so will see how that goes as I thought maybe something to do with ios14?
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for going over the suggested steps, @cameronm8428. We'll share the details with the team. We'll keep everyone posted.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks!
Tourist

[ New ]

I've been having a lot of issues connecting my new Gopro hero 9 to a Iphone 11 pro max with IOS 14.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @fireypeak42712. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. 

Tourist

[ New ]

It is definitely to do with iOS 14 as I tested it on another phone with iOS13 and it connected for me. So maybe something changed in iOS14 that is causing the issue?

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm using the latest version 7.0.1. I was able to mitigate the issue by manually installing the GoPro firmware update using the SD card.
The Wifi now works but is not very stable; I lose the connection sometimes when downloading videos.

Tourist

[ New ]
I was still having a lot of connection issues, and I made have found a solution. IOS 14 has a new private address option for WiFi which randomizes the MAC address. I disable the option from the WiFI connection settings, and now I’m seeing improved connectivity.
Tourist

Rif.: Cannot connect GoPro App

[ New ]

Hi,

I have same issue with my hero 3, following the istruction i connect the camera to phone and go back to app but still remain in searching.

I tried on Android phone the connection go fine and work all perfectly.

I try all suggestion i found but still not solve the problem.

I have a brand new iPhone 11 with iOS 14 and last version of app 7.0.1 (4095) so i think the problem it's about the last iOS release.

Sightseer

[ New ]
So I have the 7.0.1 version and I’m having trouble connecting also. Trying to setup auto upload from our house and it will not work.
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi fireypeak42712,

That worked! Thanks for the update!
Tourist

[ New ]
where is this option?
I've updated IOS today AND opened up a new GoPro - I can't figure out the problem is?
Tourist

[ New ]
First open the GoPro app and try to connect. Then go to go to the settings app -> WiFi -> GoPro network and toggle private address option.
Tourist

[ New ]

It seems to have worked this morning.

I suspect there will be an iOS or a GoPro patch shortly as this is a bit flaky

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]
I’ve tired all the above steps on my GoPro here 3 and it will not connect after the ios14 update.

Come on GoPro sort it out
Sightseer

[ New ]

None of thte suggestions earlier in thsi thread work. I'm still unable to conenct to my Hero 8 from an iPhone 11 Pro with the latest iOS and GoPro app versions. Major disappointment.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @b4ker83, @rapidhill24614. Please try the following suggested steps accordingly:

1. Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
  2. Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
  3. Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the "i" button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, what about for Android users? 

I have Hero 9 black with Huawei P20 PRO 10.0 Android and I cant match then when i want to Livestream

I mean, when i want to LiveStream, the GoproAPP cannot find any wifi Network( Even with 4G LTE Mobile) 

Is the hero 9 incompatible with Android 10? 

PD . I tried everything. From reset the Hero 9 , delete gopro APP etc etc etc etc etc

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, what about for Android users? 

I have Hero 9 black with Huawei P20 PRO 10.0 Android and I cant match then when i want to Livestream

I mean, when i want to LiveStream, the GoproAPP cannot find any wifi Network( Even with 4G LTE Mobile) 

Is the hero 9 incompatible with Android 10? 

Thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @denisdanie5

Restart your device then try clearing the cache for the app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. Then, reset the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections between your camera and the app, reset the Wi-Fi on your GoPro, then re-pair the two.  

To help isolate this, would you be able to rest the camera with another device?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, @aragon1006
Maybe it will be important. You suggest resetting the old bluetooth and wifi connection. There's a bluetooth connection and we remove it. But there is no connection to wifi and there is nothing to delete. I have a question. Should the phone see wifi when we minimize the application as you advise? I ask because I don't see the wifi hero9 network. I tried it on several devices with different versions of ios 14.0.1 and 13.7
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @grayvista766. If you meant the camera's Wi-Fi network being visible under the list of Wi-Fi Networks on your phone, yes. Have you been able to go through the steps provided in @aenriquez's post above? How did it go for you iOS devices? 

Hiker

[ New ]
@mariustanya
The wifi hero9 network is not on the list of networks. She's gone. Apparently, the whole problem is that.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grayvista766

Just to confirm, were you able to follow the steps shared above?

Please note that it is important to go through the steps in order.

For reference: Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Just adding another one ... go pro hero 8 (about 2 months old) can’t preview or download media. I can’t seem to get the private address toggle to stick.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Should have added I've tried on a gen 2 iPad Pro and an iPhone XR. Latest iOS, latest app.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ye-, every time I switched off the private address option it tells me to rejoin the network... and switches it on again!

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @blueflare44380

If you continue to get the same, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej