Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Cannot Export Videos From GoPro App

[ New ]

A couple years ago I transferred some videos from my gopro to an android phone and sent them to a friend (compressed) on whatsapp 

I now want these videos in high res and within the app is the only place they currently exist in that format. 

Because I filmed them in 4k they are unable to be played on the android phone hence the ! Exclamation marks instead of thumbnails (see picture).... However as I said I was once able to send them on whatapp... 

Now I cannot get them anywhere??? The only option Im being given is 'save to phone' and this immediately fails! 

I have even tried plugging the phone ionto my computer and trying to find the files within its file system with no luck! 

Anyone got any idea? I really need these videos in higher res than the whatsapp compressed ones for a project 

Thanks! 

Olly

103964388_272750137418057_4684763892627244338_n.jpg
Tourist

Re: Cannot Export Videos From GoPro App

[ New ]

It wont even let me delete the files! and they are definitely not in DCIM > com.gopro.smarty > GoPro....

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ollyp23

What phone and app version are you using?

Does the same happen if you record/ save new files?

You may also check https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HEVC-Explained/ta-p/394284

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Its a samsung galaxy j5 (SM-J510FN) running Android 7.1.1 

GoPro app version is 6.14

I uploaded something to the cloud and that can be downloaded and saved to my phone not tried anything from the gopro though 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ollyp23

Kindly test the app using new files.

This will help isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

New files in what format/res? Any will do?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ollyp23

It will be best to use the same settings of the files you are trying to transfer.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Trouble is it was so long ago I donT actually remember! Im pretty sure they we 4k videos and time lapses..... 

Essentially I was at a music festival and I couldnt do anthing with them with my iphone so i used my dads iphone to pull them off the gopro and whats app them to my iphone... so the format worked on the android to a degree once upon a time... 

Ill try a 4k time lapse from the camera to the android..... 

What do those specifiuc exclamation marks mean? are the files missing? or there but unplayable?